1st Session in New boat

Guest Damien

After having my boat for two weeks I've been going mad wanting to take it out, finally got to do it today. We tried to go out yesterday pm but it was way too rough so we hit O'Sullies at 6am this morning. It was still blowing a bit and got a lot worse but we went out anyway. The boat handled the swell really well so well pleased.

We tried some southern reefy ground at first and struggled. I did lose a rugger snapper on my lighter gear when it caught my top dropper on the rope for my berley bomb sad.png was gutted. The water was really dirty. Pretty much no fish at all were showing on the sounder.

On the way back in we came across much more fishy looking bottom, with plenty of fish being shown on the sounder so, after a quick call to okay a later finish with the mrs, we anchored up in a pretty heavy swell for a 15' boat. We were into fish straight away, my mates managed some lovely leatherjackets. For some reason I was getting different fish, I had 2 Port Jackson sharks, one gummy shark, a sweep (I think), a zebrafish, a huge tommy and some bright red thing that I haven't a clue what it was - all in about 30 mins. We had to leave with the fish biting coz I promised the mrs - turns out when I got home she'd got fed up waiting and went shopping for two hours angry.png

Anyway, I know the species we caught weren't exactly great but we had a brill couple of hours, fishing waters we have never fished before and not knowing what the next fish will be - fishing at it's most fun and that's what it's all about cheerful.png

Bring on the summer!

I know exactly what you mean HG, you are more than welcome to come out with me if you want. I can only do weekends at the mo but am aiming to go out every other week, weather and wife permitting!

Guest motlyman

Glad you had a good time out there.

Its not always about the fish, but just getting out and away from it all.

Just having my winch fitted and i wont be far behind you.

What boat did you get?

Colin

Guest motlyman

Nice one mate, Im still waiting to get out on mine:arghh:

Soon as the winch is done im out threre :P

Ill give you a shout but i try and get out week days as it gets mental at the ramp in summer:arghh:

Colin

Good effort there!!

I was dying to get the tub out today but had a call of business :nah:

Manage to get the boat fully out of the water like we did last week??

That was funny, I forgot I was driving a different boat:shocked:

Did you drop the pick near the mark we put on the GPS for Horseshoe ???

Did the winch work OK?

Hi Tyke,

I took it easy in the swell, my mate was a bit nervous! I didn't anchor by Horseshoe Reef coz the swell there was pretty big. Headed more Seaford way, found some rocky bottom and it was a bite every drop. The winch worked fine with a new splice :jiggy:

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you, our toilet must have a narrow u bend :wideeyed::biglaugh:

Damien

ooo i got excited there 1st session in the boat:Randy-git: but NOOOOOOOOOOO all i read was blah blah fishing...blah fish blaaaaaaaaah!!! with bikes and fishing you and Ben are really an exciting couple and are truly made for each other!!!:P

Guest motlyman
ooo i got excited there 1st session in the boat:Randy-git: but NOOOOOOOOOOO all i read was blah blah fishing...blah fish blaaaaaaaaah!!! with bikes and fishing you and Ben are really an exciting couple and are truly made for each other!!!:P

First session may have been with a fish though:Randy-git::biglaugh:

Colin

Hi Tyke,

I took it easy in the swell, my mate was a bit nervous! I didn't anchor by Horseshoe Reef coz the swell there was pretty big. Headed more Seaford way, found some rocky bottom and it was a bite every drop. The winch worked fine with a new splice :jiggy:

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you, our toilet must have a narrow u bend :wideeyed::biglaugh:

Damien

It is a challenge south of O'Sullies - you do get a mixed bag!

Rocky bottom?? .......... Bit like mine.....told you I needed a Poo before we set off (too much info I know!!!):swoon:

Good to hear about the winch!

Errrmmm - don't believe catches unless pics are posted!!!