Best time to fish

coolerking

Guest motlyman

When the fish are hungry:biglaugh:

But seriously its believed to be an hour before and an hour after the change of tide.

Some say high some say low. I think either. When these fall at the crack of dawn or fall of light is optimum.

Tight lines

Colin

Guest Guest75

When you are near water.............. Sorry,could not resist.

Tides play a huge part as Colin says.

First and last light as well.

Warmer months should now be fetching Yellowfin Whiting close as well :D

Guest kangomik

Hour after low tide, but the moon cycle plays a big part in it also, if your off the beach it will always be a little hit and miss. Good excuse to get a boat.

A guy at work has an I Phone App that gives you the best times to fish by combining moon cycle and tides.......... Don't know if it works though LOL

Guest Guest75
Thanks boys,

went this morning but a little late at 7am and no joy. May try tonight and tomorrow morning:D

What size do the whiting run to off the beach?

Cooler

We should have waved as we went by :P

Tried a long distance trip but the sea turned to crap 5k's out :wacko:

25 - 30cm range is good for Yellowfin.

Guest cornish Busdriver

I fish Moana, Christies and O'sullies alot.

Find best to fish from the bottom of the low to 2hrs past high.

Casting withing 50 meters i only use a size 2 long shank hook on a 2 boom rig with Goolwa Cockles.

Past that upto 100 meters out i use size 4 long shank hooks on a bass rig with a mix of cockle and pillie.

Past 100 meters i use a size 4 or 5 long shank hook on a clipdown rig with a whole pillie tied on with elastic.

Day time fishing is always good fun in close if the wind is right and the surf is up a bit always get lots of small stuff on cockles.

Night fishing i only use the big rod as ive been snapped off to many times by either rays or small sharks. Never actually landed a ray but seen it flapping round in the surf. I have landed a few small sharks though off the beach.