OnkaStompa 2010 Fishing Competition

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

If you are keen to rub shoulders with the locals and have a fish in a relaxed competition why not attend this event??

Organised by Mark Mills or Waterboy from Strike and Hook. You will also know him as the Aussie bloke helping out at the Moana PIA fishing comp.

It is a relaxed affair and great socially.

All donations going to Childhood Cancer.

Below is the announcement for the Comp as seen is the local fishing forum Strike and Hook............

Hi all,

OnkaStompaCompa6 2010 details -

Sunday November 14th 7am - 12pm (brought back finish time by 30 minutes due to people struggling with heat last year)

Perrys Bend - Onkaparinga River

Donation (whatever you can afford) to The Childhood Cancer Association to enter.

Register on the morning.

Prize classes this year - ** note biggest bream on lure has been replaced with Biggest Bream - Women as last year out of 162 fishing only a couple used lures. This gives the ladies a major prize and trophy also.

Biggest Bream - Men

Biggest Bream - Women

Biggest Mulloway (open to all)

Biggest Other fish - Senior

Biggest Bream Junior 15 & Under

Biggest Other Fish Junior 15 & Under

*** Of course there will be many prize packs again drawn from names from the registration ** Must be at presentation to be eligible for these!

All fish to be measured by an official in High Vis vest before being released.

Sponsors - (many thanks to these guys, some who have been on board since the start)

Anglers Choice Bait & Tackle

Strikehook.com

Sheldons Bait

SA Bait & Tackle Supplies

The Bait Shop

Compleat Angler

Taylor Marine

Magic Springs Spring Water

GME

Wilson/Surecatch

Jarvis Walker

Wildcoast Magazine

Adelaide Bowen Clinic

Onkaparinga City Council

Hornes

Lower Murray Lower Fishing Club

Salisbury Dive and Tackleworld

Shimano

Plano/Gillies

Sportfishingscene

Neptune Tackle

KGB Mechanical

Mt Barker Mechanical & Exhaust Repairs

SAFWAA (South Australin Fresh Water Angling Assoc)

Andre Georgescu

Willy Hill Wines

Jetfast Aviation Services

PIRSA Fisheries

SAFTA

Fishermans Paradise

Apollo Print & Promotion

Kennards Hire (Morphett Vale)

Special Thanks to SAFWAA and Adelaide Bowen Clinic - for covering the insurance. Without insurance this event would not be possible!!!!!

Two new Supporters This Year

Hornes Thanks Nick

Lower Murray Lure Fishing Club thanks Mr_Willy, Chinu and Weaver for making this happen - details to be revealed later

The Strikehook Committee will be supplying equipment for the BBQ and all food as well as ofering any service that may be needed on the day -Cheers guys

I have almost filled 3 tins from the shop with cash - and about to go onto a fourth so that total will be interesting.

I am looking for a major sponsor to cover public liabilty around $300 Adelaide Bowen Clinic has donated $150 so can fall back on that, although I'd rather add that to the donation to The CCA, so a Major Sponsor to cover this would help alot (we are working on a couple of things)

ALSO Does anyone know of a printer, preferably in the Southern area who would be willing to print up say 20 or so posters to distribute around Adleaide, obviously will get publicity as a sponsor also.

Every cent Raised Goes To The Childhood Cancer Assoc On The Day

Hope to see many members there

• 2 weeks later...
Guest darlo 2 adelaide

Hi Tyke

I love fishing but am pretty rubbish, and my rod was set up by a friend for me. Can you give me the name of a local fishing tackle shop that you think will help me to set up my rod (with some of the stuf from their shop ofcourse) forand help me choose bait etc for this comp?

Many thanks

Sarah

Pop into Anglers Choice, Beach Rd, Christies Beach. Mark who works in there is the organiser for the Onkastompa. They are a great bunch in there and will set you right for the day. Will see you there....

Damien

Guest Guest75
Hi Tyke

I love fishing but am pretty rubbish, and my rod was set up by a friend for me. Can you give me the name of a local fishing tackle shop that you think will help me to set up my rod (with some of the stuf from their shop ofcourse) forand help me choose bait etc for this comp?

Many thanks

Sarah

Yep - as Damien said. Pop into Anglers Choice,Beach Road,Christies Beach.It's on the left after Woolies and Fasta Pasta.

Any of the guys in there will help out and not oversell to you.:cute: