Snaps & Tings.

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

Took a mate out yesterday on the Tub for a look around and hopefully a few fish.

Fished an area that was a little experimental , this produced 12 nice King George Whiting over a steady period.

Most caught by my friend Jim!

Ended up going over to my favourite Snapper spot to have a try. Only half hearted as it was wrong time of day,tide and no one has seen Snapper in that area for a few weeks.

How wrong could they be.

Hooked onto four biggies, they took the bait so savagely we thought we were going to lose the rods!!

Ended up with this lot below.

Biggest fish was 10.45 Kilos or 23lbs old money.

The biggest Snapper had his revenge before parting this mortal coil. I was attempting to weigh him when he "snapped" on my finger!

Holy Hell - that hurt!! I think he has actually crushed the end of my finger.

Some of the blood in the second photo is actually mine!

10022011055.jpg

10022011054.jpg

You wait til you visit me down south. I've just got back after 2 weeks training - the whiting there are HUGE! 50cm+, can't wait to take the boat out. My work mate has caught 8 mulloway over 57lbs this year, gonna be fun down there!

Guest Guest75
You wait til you visit me down south. I've just got back after 2 weeks training - the whiting there are HUGE! 50cm+, can't wait to take the boat out. My work mate has caught 8 mulloway over 57lbs this year, gonna be fun down there!

WoooHooo!! Sounds good grounds down there, must not be fished as much as up here. 50cm is hoooge for KG's

Never caught a Mully yet,seem to be caught more from the beaches??

Yeah, mullies from the beaches and jetties, I've seen the pics! BIG whiting from Port Mac marina if it's rough, also a few beaches. Just got to watch the swell down there. I'm sure I'll get to know where to go in my job ;) Will let you know any 'inside info'.

Yeah, mullies from the beaches and jetties, I've seen the pics! BIG whiting from Port Mac marina if it's rough, also a few beaches. Just got to watch the swell down there. I'm sure I'll get to know where to go in my job ;) Will let you know any 'inside info'.

It would be good to know some spots and try my luck down that way we used to go the other way up to yorks quite a bit.

Guest Guest75
Your bloody again russ...bloody hell mate...

HG

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I do spill a fair bit of blood in the noble cause don't I??

Just remembered that night we came back in,the filleting and me stabbing myslf with that very sharp knife in the arm!!:err::shocked:

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I do spill a fair bit of blood in the noble cause don't I??

Just remembered that night we came back in,the filleting and me stabbing myslf with that very sharp knife in the arm!!:err::shocked:

Was that the night when Kat chopped the end of her finger off and i had to borrow your car to go pick her up from the hospital as she couldnt drive....

Frickin hilarious.....

HG

Guest Guest75
Was that the night when Kat chopped the end of her finger off and i had to borrow your car to go pick her up from the hospital as she couldnt drive....

Frickin hilarious.....

HG

Oooo yes- that was a day we won't forget :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Guest75
Wow, my dad is coming out in a few weeks and he's been asking about what bait to use - didn't know you had to use parts of your body:shocked:

Hope your digit is better now, if not, pop and see us as Mrs C is a nurse now.

Good fish there!

Cooler

:biglaugh:

See........... I put "everything" into my fishing.:cute:

Try Squid,it's tougher and stops on the hook when you sling it out.

Either small bits of tentacles (esp the two long ones called Candles)

Or small strips of the hood cut to look like small white worms.

The nail will be coming off at sometime I reckon!