Fishing comp

Guest Squareman

Guest Guest75

Matt ( Cornishbusdriver) brought this up the other day. He's keen for another one.

Just have to check a few things before organising another one.

Apparently the council have to be informed of group meeting on public land if there are over 30 attending.

Also, officially the organisers have to have insurance to cover the event or if an accident occurred they could have the pants sued off them.

I know, blooming bureaucracy!!

Might be an idea to start an official PIA fishing club with a small sub to cover insurance / prizes??

Really open to suggestions on this topic!!

Might just have to be a short notice informal meet this time.

I'll not be expecting or approaching Anglers choice about prizes / sponsorship this time. They were more than generous to the tune of over $2000 last time.

Guest kangomik

The last one was well organised fella's ( i know i never made it) due to the numbers that did attend.

Insurance is a real pain with these things, and can only get worse. (trust me had dealings with this in the UK.

2 options, 1, as Tyke says, go smaller.

2 Go Bigger, invite the council - and their insurance - and ask them to sponsor the event, throw it in the local paper etc use the evidence from the last one as back up. Tell them you guys will organise everything, make a point of kids being allowed and you could be on to a winner.

You may get exactly the same people turn up plus a couple more, but you will be covered.

Mozzie (sorry mawsaon) Lakes does the same thing once a year to catch (or is that cull) the carp. Google it and you can see what the local councill does.

What ever you do guys keep us informed.

Guest Guest75

Might ask for a couple more volunteers to help out - especially anyone who is experienced at beach fishing??

I'm rubbish at it,can't even throw myself in never mind a bait!:biglaugh:

Guest Guest5035

just say that theres no one organising it, just word of mouth about good fish that morning, and everyone helping each other out. Oh and Tyke take your boat and place it at the waters edge, you'll be right then.

stevo

Guest cornish Busdriver

Just as Tyke (Russ) said im keen to get another comp off the ground but this time it will have to be done all official like cause after the last one i think we all were blown away by how many turned up or wanted to but couldnt.

The support we had on the last comp from Anglers Choice was bloody amazin plus the other prices donated from Auseelife, DM Auto's and myself, we couldnt have ask for more.

So who wants a PIA Fishing Club ? Just trying to get an idea of numbers to see if its worth while.

Guest Guest75

I'm in for the club............

I'll ask Mark - who works at Angler's choice ,also was the token Aussie at the last comp,also runs a few fishing clubs,also a big contributor on local fishing forums,organiser of the OnkaStompa and also my mate - about running a club and organising insurance.

He knows all that stuff.

It won't cost much at all I reckon but will give a good few fun days.

With the greatest of respect .............

The hardest thing will be to collect the subs.

The insurance won't be too expensive, rest will go on prizes.

Might be a call for a meet so money can be grabbed??

3 people need to be voted in after the club is formed and insured.

President,secretary and a "thingie" to actually motivate the former two ( plus can be the money handler) ......3 works best on a voting system???

Just my suggestions............. please add your thoughts folk!!!:D

Guest cornish Busdriver
I'm in for the club............

I'll ask Mark - who works at Angler's choice ,also was the token Aussie at the last comp,also runs a few fishing clubs,also a big contributor on local fishing forums,organiser of the OnkaStompa and also my mate - about running a club and organising insurance.

He knows all that stuff.

It won't cost much at all I reckon but will give a good few fun days.

With the greatest of respect .............

The hardest thing will be to collect the subs.

The insurance won't be too expensive, rest will go on prizes.

Might be a call for a meet so money can be grabbed??

3 people need to be voted in after the club is formed and insured.

President,secretary and a "thingie" to actually motivate the former two ( plus can be the money handler) ......3 works best on a voting system???

Just my suggestions............. please add your thoughts folk!!!:D

Spot on Russel.

President, secretary and a treasurer is what i was thinking and split all the work evenly, been looking round tonight at insurances but think the best thing is to have a chat to mark as all seems quiet confusing.

• 4 weeks later...