Toaday's PIA Snapper expedition.

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

Had a great day out today with Heaps Good and Andy from this site.

Not had Martin out for ages and I was determined to get Andy onto a Snapper after 4 fruitless trips.

Andy got it in spades today, he pulled in all three fish ranging from 18/16 and 12 lb.

Nice ,healthy looking fish.Neither Martin or I pulled a decent one in.

One the way back we trolled or Snook and pulled a nice few out - until a dolphin chased em' off.:skeptical:

I never really dipped a line but just had great fun sitting back and helping the mates.

Had a great ,feelgood day,great conditions on the water and lots on banter.

Nice to have some Snapper back in the freezer - all fish shared 3 ways as per rules of the boat :cute:

15052011172.jpg

Had a great day out today with Heaps Good and Andy from this site.

Not had Martin out for ages and I was determined to get Andy onto a Snapper after 4 fruitless trips.

Andy got it in spades today, he pulled in all three fish ranging from 18/16 and 12 lb.

Nice ,healthy looking fish.Neither Martin or I pulled a decent one in.

One the way back we trolled or Snook and pulled a nice few out - until a dolphin chased em' off.:skeptical:

I never really dipped a line but just had great fun sitting back and helping the mates.

Had a great ,feelgood day,great conditions on the water and lots on banter.

Nice to have some Snapper back in the freezer - all fish shared 3 ways as per rules of the boat :cute:

15052011172.jpg

That sounds a nice trip Tyke.

Not like HG to leave drink though :biglaugh:

Cooler

Guest Damien

Looks like you all had a good day. I took Lisa and the kids up the Glenelg River in the tub today. We managed to catch their first fish but just having them on the water was ace. What a beautiful river too! Big limestone cliffs, birds, tranquility......

Guest Damien

It's well worth a visit too, bream and mulloway. It's like a smaller version of the Murray but with way less boat traffic. You do need a Vic Rec license to fish though. $6 for 48 hours, I think the annual one is about $35. There is a section in SA, Donovans, where no license is required.

Does make a nice change from the sea (I'm out in the big swell again tomorrow) and is perfect for taking the kids. Daisy now reckons she's the best boat driver in the world! Not bad for a 6 yr old. My boat has now become 'our' boat. Bugger...

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest75
can i hook my huuby with u guys? as his into fishing and really no fishing buddy to go with...?

If a spare comes up on the boat crew list I'll give you a shout. We don't fish much together land based really though.

Hubby can certainly drop us a pm for more info. Are you southern based??

I can pass on a few likely spots for nabbing Australian Salmon at the moment,this rough weather brings them into the surf.

:D

If a spare comes up on the boat crew list I'll give you a shout. We don't fish much together land based really though.

Hubby can certainly drop us a pm for more info. Are you southern based??

I can pass on a few likely spots for nabbing Australian Salmon at the moment,this rough weather brings them into the surf.

:D

yeah we are based at seaford....really where canu catch salmon? thanks a lot.:notworthy:

Australian Salmon, folk catch some nice ones from Southport beach and down towards Selleicks apparantly, was gonna try and get out this weekend for some beach action, but the tides are all over the place and the weather has not helped at all....even tho the worse the weather the better the Salmon bite....

Bugga

HG

Guest Guest75
yeah we are based at seaford....really where canu catch salmon? thanks a lot.:notworthy:

Virtually anywhere at the moment. Salmon come close in during stormy weather,the worse it is ,the more Salmon there is.

Tomorrow will be excellent,we are fishing off the rocks around Witton Bluff,Christies Beach. It's gonna be howling and wet!:err:

The beaches seem to be getting clogged up with weed at the moment,hearing of loads losing lures and rigs.

Size 4/0 single hooks,don't worry about ganging them.

We use Suaries for bait,cut into inch chunks,you can use the heads and tails as well.

Pilchards are another bet but they are a softer bait.

If fishing rock be very careful of the surf coming up to get you,I had a wave try and drag me out on Friday.

I'm going to stand further back with a longer rod now.

You don't have to cast far as the Salmon are right in the breakers and froth.

I smoked some Salmon fillets yesterday.Beautiful. Different to the Northern hemisphere Salmon.

If eating fresh you must break their necks and bleed as soon as you catch them.

Guest Guest75
What time you going to be there mate?

HG

Dunno yet.,just taking Andrew,it's hard for him with his fading eyesight so I'll be holding onto him ;)

Guest Guest75

Janey - forgot to say...

2 massive tips............

For bait,gear and tons of advice call into Anglers Choice on Beach Road. Great blokes, mention me - it's my second home:biglaugh:

Have a look at Strike and Hook,the local fishing forum.Loads of info and help there........

http://www.strikehook.com/forum

Guest Guest75
thanks tyke, will do ..im a fishing fanatic too u see..if your going out on thursday/ friday give us a shout my hubby will be day off.....thanks

I've got to admit that crew spots on the tub are scarce. I have a list I work round.

About time that Cornish bloke caught a Snapper though :biglaugh:

Guest Guest75
Thinking of changin his name on here from Cornish Busdriver to Useless Snapper Fisherman.....:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

HG

We are going to get some stick from Snapperless.....:shocked:

Guest Damien
We are going to get some stick from Snapperless.....:shocked:

I think the last time I went out with Russell my name became Jonah. Never seen a legal snapper on his boat. Don't live up to my name down here though, should call me John West, got so much tuna even the cat's gone veggie! :P