First KGW on my boat

Guest Damien

Gotta love it down here! We're moving house next week and everything is manic but we needed a break so decided to take the boat out for an hour, being the kids first trip in the salt. Despite the 4m swell we still launched and stayed within the breakwater at Port MacDonnell where it was still calm. The dolphin didn't play ball much to Lisa's disgust so we anchored up in only 2m of water, had lunch and then I had a few casts. All I could catch was weed so I moved less than 10m to a sandy patch alongside a moored cray boat. First cast saw me land a double header of undersize KGW. Half an hour later I had 5 in the esky, all over 35cm. Then the kids got bored so we headed home.

You don't get that fishin Metro :tongue:

Oh well, back to the packing....

Guest Guest75

Onya mate, great to have those days.

Got a visit from your lot on the water yesterday. Brand new hard top rib with twin engines,sweet looking craft and I guess it shifts.

They did not board,just had a friendly chat. Good to see them out there preserving stocks !!!

That'll be the new FPV Nautilus. Nice boat but ours is bigger and does over 40kts ;) I was doing nearly 30kts in a big sea today, I ache like crazy now. We board plenty of boats down here, can be a bit unnerving when the sea is 2km deep and the swell is up! I bet my mates wouldn't have found any u/s on your boat anyway Russ, I'll tell them to leave you alone in future lol.

I do feel for the mrs, on Saturday the dolphin wouldn't leave us alone on the workboat, I took Lisa out and no show and you guessed it, he was playing with us again today! I don't think he likes her....

Guest Guest75
That'll be the new FPV Nautilus. Nice boat but ours is bigger and does over 40kts ;) I was doing nearly 30kts in a big sea today, I ache like crazy now. We board plenty of boats down here, can be a bit unnerving when the sea is 2km deep and the swell is up! I bet my mates wouldn't have found any u/s on your boat anyway Russ, I'll tell them to leave you alone in future lol.

I do feel for the mrs, on Saturday the dolphin wouldn't leave us alone on the workboat, I took Lisa out and no show and you guessed it, he was playing with us again today! I don't think he likes her....

No U?S ever on my boat mate. I just don't see the point.

Must admit I've been out 2 days running and drawn a blank,great to be out there today though.