South port if all goes to plan

ajford

Hello again fellow fish catchers, going to try Southport again, got some squid off cuts, and think there could be some corn knocking about, thinking of going dusk time well between 1730-1830 ish, as have got things on in the morning at Moana surf,

I am hoping to catch more than seaweed this time but who knows either way it's going to be good, and this time I will thread my rod correctly, hey you ve got to learn some how,lol

Have a good week,

Andrew

Hi Andy,

Forget corn down the river, pop into Angler's Choice and buy a pack of live worms, they'll catch everything swimming in the river and sea around Southport. You could also try bits of pilchard or cockles. Berley up a bit and you should soon be onto the fish.

Don't forget those size limits though!

Damo

What a fantastic shop Anglers Choice, I was helped by a really helpful person called Arthur,he talked me through everything I needed to know regarding the hooks,bait,the line set up, what to look out for and the equipment required.

Heaps of excellent knowledge that I didn't have a clue about but now I know that little bit more that is going to help me loads,cheers

Going to try down Sellicks for a change, who knows might catch,lol new hooks,worms

OH went on Saturday to Southport but sadly didn't catch a thing. He used Cockles and sandworms. Luckily we'd been invited to a BBQ that evening or else the kids would have gone hungry.....lol.

J x

How did you go dude?

Gonna try and get a couple of lines out this week all being well...weekend looks good for day on beach and chuck a line or 2 out?...you working fancy a day down there?

HG

I think we went a little early to be honest, the live worms were biting but didn't strike quick enough, or notice them,

Caught a small crab near the end,then it fell off oh well,

Was an experience cutting the live worms, even Lisa was getting her hands dirty, found it hard to hook them at first kept slipping with the sand,

I'm off Friday,Saturday let us know ,beach sounds good you might bring us luck