First Fishing Trip... KGW... yummy

Sallyh

DH just got back from his first fishing trip for years, and the first since we moved back to Adelaide. To celebrate his uncle's 70th birthday the family organised a charter trip from Edithborough and he came back with King George Whiting, they caught a good number between them.

Now I don't really like fish but I liked that!!! Found a great recipe (happened to have all the ingredients) and even the children loved it. Must send him back some time soon, or maybe we'll go away for a weekend and see if we can get some more.

Great fish but I'm not fond of gutting and cleaning them!

Caught a couple of trout in a lake a year ago when we here on holiday - my first attempt at fishing.

Fancy having a go from a boat though. Planning a trip to the Yorke Peninsular later in the year - may have a go then!

For sure! The boys are too young yet for going out in a boat on the sea but I am looking forward to this becoming a regular habit. Although with the cost of a charter (luckily Dh's parents paid for his trip as a Christmas present!) we may need to investigate cheaper ways to catch such fish. (Maybe we need to make some new friends!).

Next I think we will need to take the boys (and girls!) out to Windy Point Restaurant. The only other time I have enjoyed fish (apart from DH's legendary salmon in bacon recipe) was at the Starlight room restaurant 10 years ago! (I have expensive taste I think).