First KI Fishing Trip

Guest Damien

Well, it seems no-one is giving their secrets away about fishing, no reports for ages etc.....

Here's mine, I'll even give you the GPS marks if you want, but it is on KI!

Anyway, we've been living here 2 weeks now and love it! I took the mrs out today in the tub, in less than two hours we had 6 KG whiting to 39cm and 38 big fat tommies. I didn't really get to fish so Lisa was top dog today, I just got to bait her hooks and take her fish off! I had to 'order' her to have a coffee so I could have a go (she beat me 4-2 in the kgw stakes).

Photos to follow when the boss uploads them...

Guest Guest75

Good to see ya getting stuck in mate.

KI seems to be your place now!!

The spots up this way have been pretty bad, did 120k's the other week and not a keeper!!

Pulled 8 KG's from the last spot I fished yesterday.

Been busy moving house as well.

Lisa showing you up now.

Good to read things are going well!

Hi Tyke,

Yeah settled in well mate and being an island they knew all about me before I even moved in! Hope the moves going ok, definitely a stressful time. I'll try and post a piccie of the catch, was great fun! And you need to come for a vist too!

Damo

DSC03808.jpg

Guest Guest75

No surprise that KI has a healthy gossip and news network!!!

Nice haul there mate. I am guessing they are good sized Tommies or it can't possibly that the KG's are undersized :biglaugh:

Most of the move stress now gone thanks, just enjoying a very different style of place.

All my fishing friends are peed off as I can cop their spots from my lookout now.

Mrs Tyke was keeping an eye on me the other day.

2012-11-10-764.jpg

2012-11-14-771.jpg

Good squid grounds there mate;) and those tommies were the biggest I've ever caught! The fish were on Lisa's skim board - couldn't fit them all on for the photo! And that plaster on my thumb is from stabbing myself when shucking fresh KI oysters....yum

Guest Guest75
Good squid grounds there mate;) and those tommies were the biggest I've ever caught! The fish were on Lisa's skim board - couldn't fit them all on for the photo! And that plaster on my thumb is from stabbing myself when shucking fresh KI oysters....yum

Yep, have a very good idea where the pro squidder fishes.

I'll agree on the fresh oysters.yum.

Wassappened to your Barnet??? Regulation cut???

No mate, even the women have to shave their heads on KI. And keep away from the pro squidders, they protect their grounds I'm sure you've seen how they can be ;( I get the oysters from American River, straight out of the sea, I love them straight from the shell, only $8 for a dozen but he gives me a few extra.