Great White Shark encounter today

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

Had an amazing visitor to the boat today, a 4.5 meter Great White Shark.

What a majestic and confident beast.

I just spotted him out o the corner of my eye near the boat.

I alerted my fishing buddy and just warned him NOT to lean over the side.

The shark circled us for a good 10 minutes and about 2 meters away.

Awesome does not do the moment justice!!

Great respect for these wild killing machines.

Pictures not that good as it was pretty bumpy.

BTW my boat is 5.5 meters so we had a good measure...

2013-01-30-980.jpg

2013-01-30-982.jpg

This is why I came to Oz - for experiences such as this:smile:

omg, i just came on to ask about sharks in the waters around Adelaide, i went swimming last week and was a bit scared, are there many shark attacks / encounters off the tourist beaches???

Guest Guest75
omg, i just came on to ask about sharks in the waters around Adelaide, i went swimming last week and was a bit scared, are there many shark attacks / encounters off the tourist beaches???

Not that many shark attacks but always a few each year - but remember that nearly all of us live near the coast.

Also shark sightings are on the increase but some of that may be that there are more boats on the water each year.

Oh for goodness sake, I'm supposed to on this site to help myself realise what a beautiful life you all live, now I'm reading about house break ins and 4ft shark!! ..... Might possibly stay in Scotland after today's research :biglaugh:

Only joking, not quite sure even jaws could stop me now I've got the ball rolling! What a cool thing to see, I do quite like sharks, as long as I'm not swimming with one! :biggrin:

Guest guest8040
Just one of the words we uttered. My friend videoed the meeting. Don't think it would pass the Mod board here:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Can you not upload to YouTube and post the link? Perversely I would like to see it!

Guest Guest75
Oh for goodness sake, I'm supposed to on this site to help myself realise what a beautiful life you all live, now I'm reading about house break ins and 4ft shark!! ..... Might possibly stay in Scotland after today's research :biglaugh:

Only joking, not quite sure even jaws could stop me now I've got the ball rolling! What a cool thing to see, I do quite like sharks, as long as I'm not swimming with one! :biggrin:

4 ft??? - 4 meters = 12ft!

I used to fly Shark Patrol when it operated out of Aldinga Airfield. You'd be surprised how many sharks there are out there. Luckily, only a few of them come close to shore.

If ever you get over to Port Lincoln, take a trip out to Whalers Way at the very end of the peninsular. Looking over the cliffs, you'll see heaps of them. Big buggers as well. Remember, they breed in the Great Australian Bite. That's not so far away from us here in Adelaide.