fishing question

Guest chillyanna

Guest chillyanna

hi all

i am after info regarding taking my fishing tackle over to adelaide.

such things as 2 beach rods and a boat rod i will clean up as i know i will use them in adelaide, i would also like to know what is the fresh water fishing scene like in adelaide? is the much going on as i would like to take over my freshwater rods - reels - and floats and the like....... but if there is not much call for it i would rather sell it here. and what are the customs people like with fishing tackle being imported?

i have been watching "nothing to declare" on sky tv and the customs people seem like tough folk,

thanks for looking, 1 relpy at least would be good

cheers

paul

Guest Guest75

Here is your one reply ;)

I do a little fishing but not very good at it.I just enjoy getting out there.

Down south here there is the Onkaparinga River which is tidal/brackish for quite a few miles upstream.Bream are the popular catch in the river.There is a Carp pond on River Road in Noarlunga Downs,supposed to be the odd big one in there.

I'm in the process of looking for a boat so I can go and actually catch some decent sized stuff - and for the fun of it.

For checking what you can bring in and in what condition have a look at the AQUIS site http://www.daffa.gov.au/aqis .I'd reckon that as long as the rods and tackle are very clean they will be surely allowed in.

Here is a South Australian fishing site - handy stuff in there - and a forum.

http://www.fishsa.com/

:)

Guest motlyman

And heres another one reply:err:

I did a lot of fresh water angling in the uk mainly for Carp and Tench.

I sold my gear thinking i would replace it here. BAD MOVE.

Tackle here just isnt up to the same standard as uk. I would bring all your rods, and buy loads of hooks/floats etc. also.

Fresh water angling isnt the same either. I've caught plenty of 4 legged fish in the ponds:arghh: they're called Turtles. What a pain.

Also bare in mind any Carp are not supposed to be returned alive:arghh:it is illegal (if you get caught). Im slowly moving to sea fishing.

Russel..........im looking at a boat too. ooh arr jim lad:biglaugh:

Colin

Guest graandjac

:)Having sold all of my beach , match and carp gear , I wish I had brought some but glad i left most behind . Bring your quiver rods for the Onkaparinga River as Russel said Which although is for tiddler bashing there is some bigger fish in there but everyone only ledgers light , also bring any spinning gear you have as the locals do spin in the river at night and in the sea when the salmon trout run . As for sea gear this is what i wish i had kept hold of i sold all my ZZiplex rods and Abu multiplers , you could use those here and there is some bigger fish to be had heading further south towards Victor Harbour only 40 mins away . Have not looked into the freshwater scene but seeing as we live 2 mins from the river i might leave that side of fishing behind in the uk . Note when we are talking about the river its a tidal sea water river and the bream Russel talks about are not the same a good size would be maybe a 2 pounder , as for the quality of equipment you can buy cheap or spend a fortune , although most aussies fish to get out of the house ....lol , others spend ALOT of money on what i have seen to be some very good rod and reels hope this helps Cheers Graham

Guest katsmajic

Im no fisher, but my oh wishes he'd bought some of his stuff. He decided it would be easier (lazy sod didnt want to clean it all) to just sell it all and start again here, now he says he could have used at least half of it...

But again, rods & kit etc is pretty cheap, it depends on how serious a fisher you are, we just got some GP rods and Martins going to get himself a mega (new baby) surf rod.