Any recommendations for social netball clubs?

ClaireCurrie

Hi all!

I'm new to Adelaide (been here about a month with my husband).

Does anyone have any recommendations for friendly netball clubs out there looking for players?

I used to be quite a good player but haven't played for about 5 years (I got more into running/cycling)... so probably looking for more of a social league?

Preferably somewhere accessible by tram or bike in or around Glenelg, CBD or areas in between.

Any recommendations very much appreciated!

Claire

I've found a few netball clubs (possibly lots but I've only noticed around the clubs we've been to) seem to be attached to ovals. So local footy, cricket, netball teams all come out of the local areas.

I know of one or two ovals not too far from Glenelg but I'd not recommend the clubs themselves. I don't know the netball teams personally but the overall of the oval/club and its management would not get my vote.

This club might appeal. http://www.adelaidewildcats.com.au/ClubHistory.asp

They have 2 locations, one in Clovelly Park which should be accessible from Glenelg and there are lots of bike paths to get across on too.

Also they are in Glandore and while its a bit of a walk from the tram line its also not a bad bike ride from Glenelg or off that tram line bike route. Easy done if taking the bike path from Glenelg to the CBD in either direction. My vote would probably go for the Glandore club as bike ride wise its nicer, can avoid roads for a lot of it and I think its quicker to get to. Plus if need be you could tram it and it would be about a 10 minute walk max from the tram stop to the street. I like the bike path into the city and often used to cycle it when we lived in Glenelg.

Thank you very much! It looks like a great club and perfect location - I use the cycle path to commute to work in the CBD so the Glandore option would work really well. I'll get in touch with the club and keep my fingers crossed that they will have me!

Thanks again for such a helpful reply,

Claire