Port Noarlunga beachfront: "A Day at the Zoo"

I was watching tv this morning and saw this being advertised for the Port Noarlunga beach.

I took the grandkids last time and they were amazed...me too! :smile:

It's in conjunction with the Onkaparinga council...should be a good day out! It's running for 2 weeks....

sand sculpting australia presents: a day at the zoo | apr & may 2016

a-day-at-the-zoo-630x409.jpg

Sand Sculpting Australia and the City of Onkaparinga presents – A Day at The Zoo.

From Saturday 16 April until Sunday 1 May 2016, Port Noarlunga will be transformed into a life sized sand zoo with over 270 tonnes of sand carved into life sized animals!

Go exploring through the sand pathways to spy elephants, zebras, giraffes and tigers alongside polar bears, pandas, koalas and so many more animals. Integrated with the sand sculptures is also a full range of children’s activities including sand art, sand bottles, sand workshops, mask making and more!

A-day-at-the-Zoo-animals-Sand-Sculpting-Australia-630x637.jpg

Don’t miss out on this iconic event as 10 international and Australian sculptors present to you – A Day at The Zoo – for a limited time only!

Tickets: Adult $10 | Concession $8 | Child aged 3-12 years $5 | Family (2 adults & 2 children 3 to 12) $25

To purchase tickets visit the Sandstorm Events website.

For more information and all enquiries please visit the Sandstorm Events website.

What: Sand Sculpting Australia presents: A Day at The Zoo

When: 16 April – 1 May 2016 | 10 am – 5 pm daily

Where: The Esplanade, (off Clarke Street) | Port Noarlunga

Who: Everyone

They do look amazing but I didn't go last year because I was really cross about only being able to buy tickets from the website and then being charged for doing so - it's one of those things that still makes me grrrrr at the computer but am being to accept it as part of being able to go anywhere (which is probably what they're hoping everyone will just do).