Trophy Snapper!!! Wooohooo!

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

Happy,happy,joy,joy,joy:biglaugh:!

Can you tell I'm happy????

Had another "Great Australian Moment" yesterday.

My Aussie fishing friend (AFB) asked if I'd like to go snapper fishing again,on his boat this time.

Try and stop me!

So a 4.00pm launch.

Incredibly hot launching the boat but the sea was so calm and a lot cooler out there.

We headed out to a spot over 40k's away.

I don't want to say too much about where we were fishing spots are jealously guarded here.

Also AFB's style of fishing is very different (yup we use rods) but don't want to say too much about that either.

Well got to the spot saw plenty of fish on the fish finder /sonar screen.and dropped some lines in.

Bang! , we were off pretty quick with some good sized ones In only 30 mins we ended up with 4 good sized ones.

.................... Then my rod went off "properly" - I mean whirring only as you see on films!

Well eventually I managed to stop the line peeling off ,bad enough as we were in 150ft of water - and same again had easily peeled off.

Even my mate who's fished these water for a lifetime asked what the hell I'd got on the end of the line - the rod was literally bend double by now.

This was going to be hard work as the line on the rod was only 20lb breaking strain.So I had to give the fish plenty of runs and let him tire out.Plus ensure that line did not snap!

After 20 minutes I'm starting to fade,my arms were locking,my mate took hold for 5 mins and kept pressure on while I had a break!

Then back to it.........

We saw the fish some 5 minutes later coming up,AFB shouted about "was that a shark following it up?'.They are notorius for nicking caught fish.

Should have seen how fast we got that fish on the boat!!

Way over 20lbs

Well here it is...............

100_0887.jpg

100_0889.jpg

100_0888.jpg

Am I so lucky??

Lucky to have gotten into the local community here,great guys and so helpful.My local fishing buddie is just having so much fun teaching me the waters here and seeing those grins on my face.

All fish now securely filleted and in our freezers.

If anyone says fishing is borin ,well.........................I'll calm down about next Wednesday!

Guest Guest75
Now THAT'S a big fish! Well done Tyke, no wonder you're grinning like the Cheshire Cat!:biglaugh:

Thanks!

Looks like we are out early Sat morning at 3.00am again

My fishing buddy wants to take someone else out for a crack at one.

The really big ones are scary -16kgs!!!!! or 35lbs in old money:swoon:

Mine was 20lbs or just over 9 kilos.

So plenty to go yet.

Thanks!

Looks like we are out early Sat morning at 3.00am again

My fishing buddy wants to take someone else out for a crack at one.

The really big ones are scary -16kgs!!!!! or 35lbs in old money:swoon:

Mine was 20lbs or just over 9 kilos.

So plenty to go yet.

Mmmm, I can almost taste that snapper! Lightly grilled with a little olive oil, lemon juice and seasoning... delish! Can you try and catch me a swordfish next time you're out - one of my favourites!:v_SPIN:

Guest Guest75
Mmmm, I can almost taste that snapper! Lightly grilled with a little olive oil, lemon juice and seasoning... delish! Can you try and catch me a swordfish next time you're out - one of my favourites!:v_SPIN:

Mmmmm! Swordfish!

Manolis do it with pepper sauce down at Pt Noarlunga.

Don't think we get Billfish around here.

Looking to have a go into the Shark species eventually.A mate caught a small (2m) Hammerhead the other day.

If bled quickly and cared for they apparently taste like chicken:o

Guest Lulujim

Read your post and thought it might be a case of a fisherman exaggerating :biglaugh: but then saw the picture - Wow-wee he's a whopper! :D

Big Congrats - am sure you'll have a fab meal with a nice bottle of wine to go with it :)