Places to rent

Sophie91

Hello everyone me and my partner arrived in Adelaide this Thursday are stopping in a hotel for the time being. We are looking for somewhere to rent ideally atleast 2 bedrooms and couple of car parking spaces, my partner will be working in regency park and I would be hoping to work either in the City or at a shopping centre near by. We've been having a drive round looking at a few suburbs today, we looked at semaphore, west lakes and hope valley. Where you suggest would be ideal for what we're looking at and also how quick can you usually get moved in? thanks

Good areas to consider IMO.

As for moving in, if they are empty then as quick as you like really. If they have tennants in already, often they are moving out sooner rather than later or trying to find someone to take over their lease so it can be quick then too.

I'd check out realestate.com.au for the suburbs you like the look of, call some real estate agents in the area also and be prepared to go to opens in the early evenings as that is when lots of rentals opens seem to take place. Also perhaps have a rental pack good to go with references, letter of employment (if you have one) and stuff. Can be handy.

FWIW I'd ensure any place you rent has decent working air con (be aware though the running costs for various types will vary greatly) and also some form of working heating, even if its only a gas heater in the living room. Something is better than nothing.

Personally I've never really been that taken with Hope Valley, although I've only really driven through on the way to Tea Tree Plaza. There is nothing wrong with the area though as far as I am aware. Just if it was me I go that little bit further and be looking at Vista or Highbury. It is in a completely different direction to Semaphore and West Lakes though, but if you are not bothered about being near the beach it would be an option. Have you had a look round Paradise? Similar kind of area, although a bit nicer IMO and has a bus interchange for good links to pretty much anywhere and the O-Bahn.