Postcode - 5159 - City of Onkaparinga
Inland southern suburb in the Adelaide Hills about 20kms from Adelaide CBD. Suburbs around Aberfoyle Park are Flagstaff Hill, Chandlers Hills, Happy Valley and Coromandel Valley.
The Hub shopping centre for local shops including post office, pharmacy, bakers, supermarkets, butchers, grocers, Chinese and Indian takeaways, cafes, gym, real estate agents, hairdressers, petrol station, banks, hardware store and more. This listing is for all local shops in the Aberfoyle Park area - http://www.localstore.com.au/s/25508/aberfoyle-park/
To buy - You can view a listing of property for sale in Aberfoyle Park here
To rent - View current properties to rent in Aberfoyle Park here
* Median property prices for Aberfoyle Park
Aberfoyle Park High School
Aberfoyle Hub Primary
Aberfoyle Park Primary Campus
* There are also two others in the area, they are
Craigburn Primary School
This is a zoned school in Flagstaff Hill but part of the zone falls in an area of Aberfoyle Park.
Flagstaff Hill Primary
Not a zoned school and a number of children from Aberfoyle Park and other areas attend.
* Plus a number of private or faith based schools in the area.
* Please see this post in the For The Kids forum for info on schools, Naplan, zoning, after school care and more.
Aberfoyle Park Campus Preschool
The Hub Pre School
Goodstart Early Learning
Aberfoyle Park Campus Playgroup on Friday mornings 10:30-12:30. Costs $2 per session per family each week.
Our Saviour Lutheran Church - Wednesday mornings for children aged 0-4. 9-11am during school term time.
Aberfoyle Community Centre - Various playgroups and parents groups running throughout the week. Please check the calendar for what's on.
Little Wonders playgroup run by Seeds Uniting Church. Monday - Thursday mornings, 9:30-11:15am during term time.
Buses - Run by Adelaide Metro. A number of services cover Aberfoyle Park to the CBD and other areas.
G20 Aberfoyle Hub to city
320 Aberfoyle Hub to Marion Centre Interchange
Train - Either the Belair - city route with stations at Coromandel Valley and Blackwood or the Hallet Cove train station on the Seaford Line
Out and about
There are quite a number of play parks and reserves in and around Aberfoyle Park. Including
* Thalassa Park and Gardens are on Windebanks Road in Aberfoyle Park. Views out to the sea.Picnic areas include shelter and seating, BBQ is electric, has walking/cycle paths, aplayground, amphitheatre, disabled access toilets, gardens and great kite flyingsite.Open 8am-8pm summer, and 8am-6pm winter
* Happy Valley Oval, Taylors Rd West - Shelter, seating/table, cricket nets, playequipment, toilets, tennis courts and walking/cycle tracks to other areas of Aberfoyle Park. Plus the actual oval with an Aussie Rules footy club and other sports played there. Also local Scouts, BMX track and lawn bowls club situated here.
* Simpson Reserve on Woodlea Drive - BBQ, shelter, seating/table, ball gamespace, tennis courts, play equipment.
You can find all the play parks and reserves listed on a map HERE
Happy Valley Oval has sports facilities for many sports and interests. Not all the sports may be played there on a regular basis but its worth checking out as a starting point.
* Aussie Rules football
* BMX (Practice night on Thursday, race night on Fridays)
* Lawn bowls
Horse trails (including some trails suitable for walking and cycling)
* Aberfoyle Park contains a horse trail known as Tom Roberts Horse Trail. It is in section 1 of the map. Other parts of the trail run through nearby areas. Much of the trail through Aberfoyle Park can be walked or even cycled on or on a cycle path close by. Takes in some lovely areas with lots of gum trees, open spaces and woodland to be explored.
* There is also the Kidman Trail. To view the section that runs through the Onkaparinga area go HERE. The section is called Jacks Patch. This trail is also suitable for walking and cycling. This trail covers a large area outside of the Onkaparinga area also. There are a number of towns, accommodation, pubs and more along the trail.
Here is the webpage with a listing for all the overview maps on the Kidman Trail.
Pictures to be added soon :)