* Postcode - 5048 City of Holdfast Bay
* The suburb of Brighton is on the coast of Adelaide between Glenelg and Seacliff and located about 13km from the CBD. Suburbs around Brighton include Seacliff Park, Hove, Glenelg and Somerton Park.
* Brighton shops are more spread out along the main roads within the suburb rather than being found mostly under one roof. There is a Foodland supermarket on Brighton Road in a small shopping centre. Other shops found there inlcude a bakers, butchers, fruit and veg shop, pharmacy, newsagent, local takeaways and more.
There is also Jetty Road with cafes, a bookshop and boutiques. Plus along Brighton road itself are a number of motor parts and repairs sites, DIY/hardware stores and more.
* Brighton Jetty extends from the beach, a lovely place for a summer evening wander, meal out or a gelato.
* More shopping options can be found a few kilometres away at Westfield Marion, a mall with over 300 stores, cinema complex, 10 pin bowling and also a Bunnings Warehouse and the SA Aquatic Centre close by.
To buy - View a listing of property to buy in Brighton.
To rent - View a listing of property to rent in Brighton.
* Median property prices for Brighton. If you click on the Lifestyle icon on this page it has some images and information on the suburb.
Brighton Primary School
Paringa Park Primary School
Brighton Secondary School
A number of faith based and private schools can be found in and around Brighton. These include
St Teresa's Catholic Primary
Sacred Heart College Middle School
Sacred Heart College Senior School
* Please see this post in the For The Kids forum for info on schools, Naplan, zoning, after school care and more.
Goodstart Early Learning
Wriggle n Rhyme at Brighton Library. This is a fun 30 minute session involving rhymes, action songs and music, suitable for babies and toddlers 0-2 years (but any age is welcome). No bookings necessary.
Wriggle `n` Rhyme @ Brighton Library
Thursdays & Fridays | 10 am
20 Jetty Road, Brighton SA 5048
Cost: This is a free event!
Holdfast Playgroup & Baby Playgroup
0-5 years, Monday's and Thursday's 9:30-11am
Baby playgroup 0-12 months Monday's and Thursday's 11:15-12:30pm[FONT=verdana]
Buses - Run by Adelaide Metro. A number of services cover Brighton to the CBD and other areas including Glenelg and Marion.
720H Brighton to CBD http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/time...iew/720H/0/1/0
Train - Use the Seaford Line https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/routes/SEAFRD takes around 27mins to the CBD.
* Cycling between Brighton and Glenelg and other local areas is also an option. You can download cycling maps from this website: http://www.sa.gov.au/topics/transpor...g/cycling-maps . There is a drop down menu you can select a suburb from. Brighton is map 10 on the list.
Out and about
There are quite a number of play parks and reserves in and around Brighton. Including
* Bindarra Reserve . Situated on the Esplanade overlooking the ocean. It has a great park area for all ages along with a large grass area ideal for ball games. There are BBQ's and picnic tables should you wish to make a day of it. Toilet area.
* Brighton Skate Park - http://www.skateboard.com.au/skatepa...on-skate-park/
A list of parks and reserves in the Holdfast bay area can be found here http://www.holdfast.sa.gov.au/page.aspx?u=1454#e2174
Brighton caters for many sports and interests.
* Brighton Oval Sporting Complex is a major metropolitan sporting facility and has strong links to the sports fields of Brighton Primary School (immediately opposite the complex) along with smaller sport facilities within the precinct. Brighton Oval is also the home ground to a number of sport and recreation groups including Brighton Rugby Club, Brighton Sport and Social Club, Brighton Football Club, Brighton Cricket Club, Brighton Lacrosse Club, Brighton Croquet Club, Holdfast Bay Dog Owners Association and the South Australia Racing Pigeon Association.
* Swimming at Minda http://www.saswimschools.com/brighton
* Brighton Croquet Club - http://www.croquetsa.com.au/?page_id=170
* Brighton Surf Lifesaving Club - http://http://www.brightonsurfclub.com/