Port Noarlunga Train Service

Willber

One day they may even put a train track back on to service victor harbour

Extremely doubtful as the VH line runs up to Mt Barker to connect to the main line and currently it takes less time to drive into Adelaide from Mt Barker than it would to travel by train. Add the VH - Mt Barker journey as well and it's just not feasable.

Even if the Noarlunga line gets extended to Aldinga (which is likely at some stage) it will still not be cost effective to build a new line to VH. Also the Hallett Cove to Willunga line can't be reopened as a lot of the rail corridor is now built on.

The car is king even though it is an unsustainable form of transport. Sadly by the time everyone realises we need more rail links it'll be too late.

• 2 years later...

Apparently the diesel trains will be running again in about 3 weeks. The electric trains and the Seaford extension are apparently to start operation early next year.

I don't think any of the track is electrified yet. They've put up the steelwork to support the cables along about 70% of the line, but they're still working on the Goodwood junction, so unsure as to whether the line will open on time. Certainly won't be ready for the electric trains in September.

Guest Guest75

Dunno ,I might be wrong but I think it's going to take a while to get the service into the city. Passing trhough Hallett Cove there is only power at the very southern end.