• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Car seats in Australia - What you need to know

786 times
      I didn't go looking for one with speakers! But it was a definite selling point when she thought she was going back into a "babyseat".

I am aware of the up to 7/8 thing which is why I was delighted when I saw this one (although not by the price obviously ) and in one review it does say it's a weight restriction rather than an age one, so we'll have to see how she grows but might see her past 10. Our other two (aged 10 & 9 when we came out last year) were still in their hi-liners, but we didn't bring them because of the laws and haven't replaced them because of the age thing on all of the ones I've seen here (in the RAA shop where we'd get 5% discount for being members they have very similar models but like I said they only recommend up to 8 so I haven't chanced it).

I'm hoping to get the money back on Mix FM's Write your own cheque competition in the next few weeks

London to Henley
      11 times
      Quote Originally Posted by snifter View Post
      Flossybeth - they have only recently begun making high back boosters to last till 10 or so. Law only covers till 7-8 in Aus so companies only made to that limit. There has been a demand in more recent times for options past this age like in the UK/EU (where its 12 or a certain height) and Safe n Sound (Britax in UK) responded well. They already had similar seats elsewhere so were quick to come out with a design.

I plan on getting the same or similar once we arrive. Am annoyed they charge so much for them when the same seat here or one very much like it costs as little as 50. I guess its things like the speakers which bump the cost. I'll look at ones without those in to bring the price down.
      One website I have been keeping an eye on is Baby Bunting, they seem to have good specials now and then including car seats

Here, not there.
      4890 times
      Just a bump to let people know this thread exisits and that its now in Transport :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123