car question

jacquibm

Hello and welcome :)

Will you have owned it for a year before you migrate is the first thing.

Look at prices of the same car in Adelaide. Work out costs of shipping, costs to you whIle waiting for the car to arrive etc. Then see if it's worth it to you.

Over on our sister site, Poms in oz a guy called Iron Chef has a longstanding thread on if it's worth shipping a make/model of car over. That would probably steer you right. I'll post the link back over here in a bit.

Been here 23 years and only rarely use my air con ..... it's not absolutely neccessary!

Yes, without taking away from the focus of the thread, I think air con in the car is much like air con in the house. If you don't have it, you only rarely wish you did!

I Had a six-year lapse in air con in the Falcon and simply used the windows. Back to having air con, I wonder how I managed but I did, and it was fine.

I would definitely use the links that Snifter kindly gave you. There appears to be a fair amount of expense in preparing your vehicle, transporting it, customs charges, modifications (doesn't the speedo have to be changed to k's etc?) to offset against the financial losses incurred in selling a 'new' car.

:cool: LC

Guest John Alderson

Hi.

An issue you will have with the import process, is AQIS requirements.

check their web site, you will need to have the car inspected and thoroughly cleaned of all dirt.

it also needs dials to show kph not just mph.

if you are bringing personal effects as well, consider loading all into a 20 foot shipping container, lash and chick the car wheels to prevent movement, and all should be ok.

ive moved a car and personal effects this way.

Guest Claire-n-tel
Thank you guys for the help, I think we will sell it in the UK and buy in Oz, seems the easier option!

Sounds like a good plan! Unless you are REALLY attatched to the car it sounds like a lot of added stress which you can instantly avoid!

Not only is insurance more expensive, hardly any companies will insure your import. I have one and seem to be limited to three companies.

Couldn't agree more, I did all the research to bring my beloved VW Golf and at estimated $8,000 for shipping and all the other costs it was simply not worth it. Insurance was limited options and much more expensive

Hi,

Just be aware that Ford Australia only sold one variant of the early shape Kuga, it was the 2.5 Lt Automatic so a few parts may not be available over here. A brand new Kuga 1.6 Ecoboost FWD Manual costs $27000 Drive away here so I do not think it would be worth bringing yours,

Andy