Car insurance question

Guest MandiMR2

Guest MandiMR2

Can anyone recommend any car insurance companies that will honour our accumulated no claims history obtained in the the UK please? We have our certificates of proof. We're just about to start looking at cars & would like to get some insurance quotes, thanks in advance, Mandi x

Both our cars are with budget insurance. We shopped around and they were cheaper. Our letters from the UK insurance were accepted for no claims discount.

When Mrs. H ran in the back of someone, we found out the excess was double that quoted at the time of taking it out. We were told this is standard for anyone holding an Aus license for less than 2 years and low and behold its in the smallprint.

One thing I will say is make sure you get fully comp, its not enough to rely on th rego insurance.

Guest Claire-n-tel

Wow!....thats bad Steve!.....it was never the case with our insurance although that was some time ago......

Mandi, i think you'll find most companies will honor you no claims as long as you can give them a certificate

We use SGIC for our motor and house/contents ins and they give you discount for more than one policy. Good to deal with when we had a claim. No problem getting discount for my daughter when she bought her own car, as she had been named on ours for a few years.

We have been insured with the RAA for the past 7 years.

They gave us a rating 1 and we didn't have to provide any proof.

Despite a couple of "mishaps" (returned to find back end of the people carrier smashed in in a supermarket carpark) and a windscreen, they state we will stay on the rating 1 for life (am old though so I don't know how long "life" is!).

Payemts are monthly and the claims procedure was a doddle!

Tamara

I had a really obnoxious assessor from the Raa who said he couldn't see any damage to my chassis, but he turned up I a suit and refused to get under for a look and never asked for it to be hoisted up for a look. I phoned him up when I found out and said of course you can't see internal damage if you don't look internally. He went back and did see it, so it got sorted in the end, but certainly not pain free.

NAB bank were great with us. Gave us no claims without evidence and were honest and straightforward throughout, probably because we also bank with them.

They came in about 40% cheaper than the offer from our car dealer (through Allianz), for identical cover.

I had a really obnoxious assessor from the Raa who said he couldn't see any damage to my chassis, but he turned up I a suit and refused to get under for a look and never asked for it to be hoisted up for a look. I phoned him up when I found out and said of course you can't see internal damage if you don't look internally. He went back and did see it, so it got sorted in the end, but certainly not pain free.

Amazing how an employee can make or break your opinion of an organisation.

I remember years ago in the UK...insurance premiums were collected by the "Man from the Pru"

We were cleaned out whilst away in the caravan.

The first thing that the assessor said...no "hello, sorry about your loss" etc....he just launched straight in to "You do realise that you are underinsured by 50%"!

Wonderful customer service from Prudential Insurance!

Amazing how an employee can make or break your opinion of an organisation.

I remember years ago in the UK...insurance premiums were collected by the "Man from the Pru"

We were cleaned out whilst away in the caravan.

The first thing that the assessor said...no "hello, sorry about your loss" etc....he just launched straight in to "You do realise that you are underinsured by 50%"!

Wonderful customer service from Prudential Insurance!

We had a great man from the Pru, though we never got wiped out like yourselves, we did have a couple of small claims, he just asked how much, pulled a wad of notes out and peeled them off, and said I will bring the form in next time, great service. Sadly all gone now and I have to say it is now difficult to be paid out in full on a honest claim, say no more on that point!

My parents called the man from the pru out when I was 16 to arrange life insurance for me. They hadn't warned me about this... And I was 16 and head strong... So when the guy asks me if I want to be buried or cremated I said 'neither, I want to donate my body to medical science'. My parents were very embarrassed that I wouldn't consider either as an option lol.