Which company for car Insuarance?

etch123

Guest Guest75

I use Youi for all my insurances now.

Having several policies did help negotiations.

The excess is steeper than most but it's a numbers game.

I literally have saved thousands!!

Good to talk to a member of staff in this country as well!!!

Hi again Etch, did you get your car from over the border? We have had a couple but always tend to end up back with AAMI who are also part of Suncorp. The only quote we have ever had cheaper was progressive when we used them for three cars on the same policy, we changed back to AAMI though when the Middle son started to drive as they don't charge any extra, also with AAMI anyone who has a full driving license from another country can use your car as well without having to be named on the policy.

Forgot to say we have claimed twice with AAMI and each time been impressed, the first time was in a car park in Melbourne someone had bumped us and driven off, we called them and the next day they had the car fixed with a choice of courtesy car or taxi.

The second was when we rolled the car in the outback, 3 hours from the nearest town yet they sent the poor recovery guy out that night. It took 2 weeks from putting in the claim to getting our payout no arguments at all, apart from me begging the insurance guy not to write it off lol.

Hi again Etch, did you get your car from over the border? We have had a couple but always tend to end up back with AAMI who are also part of Suncorp. The only quote we have ever had cheaper was progressive when we used them for three cars on the same policy, we changed back to AAMI though when the Middle son started to drive as they don't charge any extra, also with AAMI anyone who has a full driving license from another country can use your car as well without having to be named on the policy.

Hi again Ktee, no we've decided to buy a car in Adelaide itself and paid a deposit on one, so hopefully it will be delivered at the same time we arrive in April. Will have a look at AAMI, I hadn't seen it on my relentless searching on line. Any experience with RAA?

I use Youi for all my insurances now.

Having several policies did help negotiations.

The excess is steeper than most but it's a numbers game.

I literally have saved thousands!!

Good to talk to a member of staff in this country as well!!!

Hi Tyke, thanks for the info on youi I had tried to get an quote online but the site won't let me as I don't have an Australian phone number, my sister recommended them as well as her car insured by them in Melbourne. I guess I'll have to get a quote once I arrive in April. Do they offer roadside as well?

I refuse to insure with Youi as they won't insure online, you have to leave a phone number and they call you back. Also a colleague of mine was with them and had terrible trouble with them when trying to make a claim which has put me off. I shop around and try and get the best quote available. Have a look at canstar.com.au. This is a comparison site but they rate the policies of different companies rather than give quotes. I usually have a look at comparethemarket.com.au as well to get an idea of what prices I might be able to get. I always find places like AAMI really expensive but sometimes paying extra can be worth it if you have to claim (I don't - I take my chances).

Guest Guest75
I refuse to insure with Youi as they won't insure online, you have to leave a phone number and they call you back. Also a colleague of mine was with them and had terrible trouble with them when trying to make a claim which has put me off. I shop around and try and get the best quote available. Have a look at canstar.com.au. This is a comparison site but they rate the policies of different companies rather than give quotes. I usually have a look at comparethemarket.com.au as well to get an idea of what prices I might be able to get. I always find places like AAMI really expensive but sometimes paying extra can be worth it if you have to claim (I don't - I take my chances).

That's their style!! I love the fact that they call you back and you actually get to speak to a human being!!!

My policies are tailored down to the last detail for me.

Even insured the boat with them now and that was a lot of fun as the representative was also a keen fisherman.

I have yet to be unlucky enough to make a claim but I can assure will make sure my claim goes through!!

Not keen on comparison sites now as what details they obtain from you can come back and bite you in the bum - I am still getting rubbish from all sorts of companies after giving my email and address for insurance comparisons!

We use AGIC, was fine sorting it all out, not had to make a claim so can't comment on that aspect yet. They accepted no claims proof from UK also. Just needed a letter stating no claims from our UK insurance company, which was straightforward enough.

http://www.agic.com.au/

We have RAA membership seperately. I think its expensive here but prefer to have it.