Help needed please

clan mac

We (McKnight) family arrive in Adelaide 2/4/15, we do not have a credit card. I paid our off and got rid of it last year as we are emigrating, thinking that i was doing the right thing!!!!!!!

I have looked at renting a car when we arrive for about 2 weeks until we can buy a car, the rental companies I have checked thus far all require a credit card!!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions please, can anyone help?

grateful thanks in anticipation,

Lorraine

So how do you go on when you collect the car? They asked us for a credit card because they block off the excess amount, but don't actually take the money unless they need to. I'm pretty sure they told us they couldn't do that with a debit card?

That's what I was wondering. Every time we've hired a car, at home or overseas they do the excess amount on a CC and only actually take the money if you have a prang or some such and they are covering the costs.

I don't know a UK debit card will cut it once it comes to actually collecting the car but hopefully they do accept it once here. Plus UK debit cards don't have the option of being classed as a CC transaction like they you can do in Aus. At least not when we left in 2013. That whole debit being put under credit at the checkuot thing still makes me :unsure: