Cruise into Adelaide

Blossom

Hi everyone.

Has anyone gone on one of the cruises which come into Adelaide.

I'm supposed to be picking up my partners mum tomorrow. I think from the queen Mary 2 which gets in at 6:30am. We weren't sure how long it would take before they might be off and ready to be picked up. Anyone have any idea? I'm guessing it would take a while off such a big ship.

Thanks.

Guest Guest14361

I'm the expert on cruising in fact just back from seeing my fave sail away the Voyager of the seas from outer harbour. She docks at 630am, she should be on time no bad weather around. Then by the time the formalities are sorted, gangway placed in position etc etc, they will disembark at around 7/715. But bear in mind it will be the last time they will be served brekkie, so people will not leave without that. I normally get off at around 830/9.. When you go to pick up drive along the sea front and when you get to the island as you go around there will be a entry to the dockside, not saying the security will or will not, but they should let you into park to pick up. It depends on how much room there is.

Thanks very much. I've messaged her saying I'll be there about 8. I'm sure she won't get the message until the morning when they get closer in, but at least she'll know she's got a bit of time to have a cup of tea at least. :-)

It says on their website their is parking off the road along there. Does that sound right? Is it walking distance if they won't let me drive through? My partners granny will be there too, and she's in her 80's, so probably best not to have too long a walk.

Guest Guest14361

There should be parking depends on the room, that's where they put a lot of the imported cars, so if no room you are able to park to the left of the island small area for the kids play area, or on the main road alongside the fence, this is Adelaide we are talking about, abit behind the other states