Motorcycle Insurance and MoT

MOGGY

Hi

I hold a full UK Motorcycle Licence.

I have none motorcycling family in Adelaide.

I want to buy a motorcycle in SA, keep it at my family's home and ride it for a month or two each year.

I've contacted several Australian motorcycle insurers and await reply's.

Can I get Insurance for a motorcycle in SA on a UK driving licence?

Do you have an MoT equivalent in SA?

Whats the equivalent to a UK V5?

Can a UK citizen hold an Australian V5?

Can I put my familys address on the V5 and my name as the owner?

Hi

I hold a full UK Motorcycle Licence.

I have none motorcycling family in Adelaide.

I want to buy a motorcycle in SA, keep it at my family's home and ride it for a month or two each year.

I've contacted several Australian motorcycle insurers and await reply's.

Can I get Insurance for a motorcycle in SA on a UK driving licence?

Do you have an MoT equivalent in SA?

Whats the equivalent to a UK V5?

Can a UK citizen hold an Australian V5?

Can I put my familys address on the V5 and my name as the owner?

You get registration papers sort of V5 not sure if you can get that with a UK license though as your client number on your licence is usually linked to your rego

look at ezyregSA online gives you info

The V5 doc is called a registration certificate here. Your Uk licience is valid here, as with car. As stated above no mot is required here. Also insurance for property damage not required by law. When you purchase the bike you'll receive the reg cert from seller, the reg will need to be current to start using it on the road. When a vehicle has registration it is automaticly covered by ctp, compulsary third party that covers personal injury. If your only planning on visitingthis is what I'd do. Buy bike, register it to family members name and address, don't bother with extra insurance, unless the bikes super expensive or your not a good rider. If your naughty and cop a speeding ticket from a camera etc, your rellie just passes on your details for the smacked bottom. Nice and easy.

I'd always insure for at least third party property. If you hit a porse nobody wants that cost! The third party insurance which comes with your rego only covers injury to people.

Insurance cover a definitely for a bike as bike riders are much more prone to accidents because of car drivers. Lol

i speak from experience as my son had a motor bike when young and a friends son had a bad accident just last week

Plus if a Uk resident was in an accident in Oz check the coverage for hospital etc I know it's all covered under the third party Reg but is there any clauses in their insurances ( as there often is ) in relation to over seas licenses