South Australia Driving License

KRAZZY10

Hi Guys.

I am bit confused in making my Driving License of SA. I have an Overseas License and now I have to convert in SA one.

I have passed my Theory and HPT and just final step towards passing practical is left.

I have so many Driving instructor in known who provided classes and many of them even taking the Final test as they are come under ADTA SA.

but they atleast want you to take minimum 8 lessons for around $55-60 each. While Others bit cheaper and good too but they are not the one who take our final test.

So I was wondering what's the right choice to go with?

Any help will be appreciate.

Thanks

Hi most of us on here had UK driving licenses so did not need to do anything but pay for a SA one.

What license do you currently hold? Are the lessons compulsory or do you feel you need them to pass the practical test? 8 lessons seems a bit much, I assume you have been driving here initially on your current license anyway.

Hi most of us on here had UK driving licenses so did not need to do anything but pay for a SA one.

What license do you currently hold? Are the lessons compulsory or do you feel you need them to pass the practical test? 8 lessons seems a bit much, I assume you have been driving here initially on your current license anyway.

Yes I am since 2 years.

I hv Indian license with me.

Thanks

Hi Guys.

I am bit confused in making my Driving License of SA. I have an Overseas License and now I have to convert in SA one.

I have passed my Theory and HPT and just final step towards passing practical is left.

I have so many Driving instructor in known who provided classes and many of them even taking the Final test as they are come under ADTA SA.

but they atleast want you to take minimum 8 lessons for around $55-60 each. While Others bit cheaper and good too but they are not the one who take our final test.

So I was wondering what's the right choice to go with?

Any help will be appreciate.

Thanks

I'm only posting re the eight lesson-thing. My kids both passed their theory, completed the necessary hours driving, then needed a final test drive (VORT) / Competancy Based Training (CBT) to qualify for their Ps.

They both felt more comfortable taking the CBT because the instructor ticks off all the manoeuvres they needed to pass during their lessons, instead of going all out for a final drive plus manoeuvres with someone they'd never met (Vehicle On Road Test - VORT).

They were also told that they would need a minimum of eight lessons, which sounded fair because they had quite a bit to get through. It all worked out well, both passed, took their HPT, and got their Ps.

I think, if they'd chosen to take the VORT, they wouldn't have had to take lessons (although I think it would be silly not to), but would simply apply to take the test. It is (was) a 45-minute drive and you had to get a higher pass mark than if you took the CBT. If you fail, you have to wait a couple of weeks before you can re-take it.

Does that help at all?

Good luck!

LC

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...