Adelaide to melbourne

Guest Nick11

Guest Nick11

Next week we're off on our hols to melbourne. We are returning via the great ocean road but want to go there the quickest possible route - the highway -we've decided we'd like to stay overnight somewhere along the way - but looking at the map nothing really appeals - any recommendations.

Nick

x

Guest Nick11
Emu Holiday Park - in one of their cabins - about 5.5 hours drive from Adelaide. Have a look at my Blog for links and details : it's wonderful!

That looks lovely.

Will deffo remember that one - but was looking for somewhere more up market - my sis would freak at that :D:D

Guest Aussie pat

We've just booked a holiday for next Jan taking in the Great Ocean Rd. Used 'Trip Advisor' to get feedback on accomodation. Have used it a lot in the past, even in the UK and it's usually quite reliable as the people posting have used the accomodation as paying guests themselves. We're doing nights in Mt Gambier, Pt Fairy (1 week) and Penola.

Me n GraandJac went on a road trip to Melbourne a few months ago.

We drove down to Melbourne in one go with stops on the way....then on the way back we stopped off at Backarat, was nice place very hospitable people.

We didnt like Melbourne at all were country folk and it was too much like London.

Each to their own i spose.