Has anyone bought a good haggis?

Guest stufi1997

Guest stufi1997

Hi All,

I'm hoping for a recommendation for a good haggis,;) I've been looking at a website that ships them over from Scotland but am wary cos they don't let you know the postage til after you've paid for the items, so somewhere here would be better. If anyone knows of where to buy a good haggis for a scottish night we're planning for our ozzie friends,:D please let me know. Thanks in advance, Fiona xx

Guest robertreynolds

im picking up one from each of the places in the cbd mentioned in that thread (cant get to the marion road one) for dinner on weds so will let you know how they go.

Guest stufi1997

what a coincedence...must be the time of year! everyone thinking about haggis now it's winter.Let me know which one you like best please xx Fiona

• 8 months later...

searched for haggis in Adelaide, tried central markets, david jones - no good. But found it at The Continental Shop at Elizabeth City Centre. The shop is alongside the fruit & veg alongside Big W. Easy to find. They also do Scottish Slice - flat sausage, and black pudding. The Coles here has a little English section too.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest75

They'll be coming into season soon.Heard there is some good shooting around Willuna.

Apparently an early Scottish settler let some loose for sport.

Now they need to e culled. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest stufi1997

Hi all,

Just thought I'd tell you about awfully good haggis, neeps and tatties we had at the stall at the highland gathering in Mount Barker at the weekend. Andersons haggis and they were selling it uncooked too. Well worth writing in the calendar for next year!! Kids were tossing the caber and haggis hurling...bit of a screech with the pipe bands playing all day mind you...

• 7 months later...
Guest Furious_D

I was having a look for Haggis to make for friends this weekend. Apparently Anderson's doesn't make haggis any more, so you can't get it at david jones. I got some from the continental store in Elizabeth shopping centre, and also at the barossa fine foods in the Golden Grove Village. Choc o nut sells irn-bru and tablet so I'm well and truly sorted!

edit: So I tried both haggi, and the one bought at elizabeth shopping centre wasn't quite as good as the one bought at barossa fine foods. Neither were a patch on haggis back home, but the barossa one was still very tasty