We had just 6 hours to show visitors around last Saturday, and did the following:
Originally Posted by tess4
- Lunch at the Somerton Park Beach Cafe (great Chicken Baguettes and views).
- A walk around Hallett Cove Conservation Park (nice geological features, clifftop walks and fantastic views).
- A walk around Mount Lofty Conservation Park (very steep, great surroundings)
- Coffee and taking in the views at Mount Lofty Summit
- Drive up and down Gorge Road, sheer cliffs on both sides.
- Dinner at The British in Finniss Street North Adelaide.
If we'd had more time we would have done:
- The Whispering Wall - amazing accoustic qualities.
- Waterfall Gully - A waterfall! - and lovely walks and views.
- The Bluff at Victor Harbour - great views and natural beauty.
- Goolwa Barrage - park in the car park, head to the right, over the Sandhills, 15 minutes walk to the fantastic Southern Ocean beach.
- Morialta Falls - great walks and views
- The German Arms at Hahndorf for Lunch.
There's loads more.
That should keep you busy for a few days.
It's more than a day trip but a houseboating weekend on the Murray is a must!! Make sure you get one with a kayak and go and explore the creeks. Stunning!!
Don't forget the dolphin watching trips from Port Adelaide - $4 ish each for a 2 hour cruise. When you get off the boat go to the Port Dock pub and have a meal then try their own brews! The Maritime Museum is great for kids - they have a ketch to explore....!
The 2 dolphin watching boats go out every Sunday.
Glenelg and Brighton is also a lovely seaside day out and you can finish off at Charlies all you can eat diner whixh is great for everyone!
Further afield,Monarto Zoo, Barossa Valley, Mclaren Vale, Belair park, Normanville and Yankalilla is nice for an afternoon.
Google the yellow brick road. It's a structured day trip that you do yourself to Cuddlee creek, worlds biggest rocking horse, national motor museum and the chocolate factory. That is one of our favourite days out.
Good luck and happy exploring
Hiya, got to agree Willunga Market is really cute, small but we like it, try to go when they have the craft market on the same day, also Central Market on a Friday evening is good.
We left a lot of the touristy things for when the visitors arrive, like the houseboat etc