Long weekend break

julie-ruth

Hi really in need of a break was wondering where I can take the family thats a bit like butlins/pontins just for a long weekend somewhere thats only a couple hours drive from Adelaide, missing those £9.50 weekend breaks the sun does. I'm not expecting such a cheap get-a-way, but a break would be nice.

Thanks Julie

Guest spannaelephant

Hi, we're off to Renmark in November for a long weekend. Think it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive. It's a Big 4 camp site on the Murray River.........we are staying in a riverside villa, other friends are staying in a pool side villa. It was recommended to us as a great place for kids with a good pool, playground and other kiddie things..............here is the link to the website if you fancy having a look: http://renmark-riverfront-holiday-park.sa.big4.com.au/

Anna

Guest rachinadelaide

Go to the campsite at Berri - it's got a jumping pillow. The most fantastic invention ever!!

Wait for all the kids to go to bed and then the grown-ups can have some fun...!!!! The heavier you are, the funnier it is!

Guest nishman

Camping is the usual i think - october long weekend is traditionally the start of the camping season (seems to be anyway).

A 2-3hr drive will get you to a variety of places N, E, S or W of the city. We're heading a little further this year to the flinders ranges to try out the new trailer tent :)

A couple of years ago on this long weekend, we went to Barmera (near Berri) on the banks of the lake (when there was a lake there), which was really nice if a little nippy at night. That had a bouncalene in the lawn and an inflatable in the lake!

Guest EHumphreys

Hi Julie, I hate to tell you but unless you go to the Gold Coast (which is slightly more classy than Haven Holidays!!) there isn't anywhere like it here around Adelaide.

I must say, as sad as it sounds, I miss Haven as well (never thought I'd hear myself say such a thing), very annoying when your there but great for the kids.

We're going to the Tanunda Caravan Park for the long weekend, it has a bouncy pillow and pool and there are is a Maze and the Whispering Wall near by which will be fun for the kids, and of course wine tasting at the Barossa wineries for the parents!!!!

Hope this is a little useful.

Einir x

Guest guest3462

We are off to port elliott caravan park camping for the october long weekend. they have just had a new jumping pillow installed and a new playground. It is right on the beach and close enough to Vic harbour for all the restraunts and museums there. Lovely campsite and they aslo have chalets.

Hope this helps. JCx

We are off to port elliott caravan park camping for the october long weekend. they have just had a new jumping pillow installed and a new playground. It is right on the beach and close enough to Vic harbour for all the restraunts and museums there. Lovely campsite and they aslo have chalets.

Hope this helps. JCx

There's also Greenhills Adventure Park down that way - never been there but guess it's stuff for the kids to do!

And can highly recommend the site at Tanunda to the Humphreys, great friendly owners, good location, good for families.

Guest Aussie pat
Hi Julie, I hate to tell you but unless you go to the Gold Coast (which is slightly more classy than Haven Holidays!!) there isn't anywhere like it here around Adelaide.

I must say, as sad as it sounds, I miss Haven as well (never thought I'd hear myself say such a thing), very annoying when your there but great for the kids.

We're going to the Tanunda Caravan Park for the long weekend, it has a bouncy pillow and pool and there are is a Maze and the Whispering Wall near by which will be fun for the kids, and of course wine tasting at the Barossa wineries for the parents!!!!

Hope this is a little useful.

Einir x

We were in Tanunda last Sunday and had a look at the caravan park as we've booked a break there (camping) in Nov. It looked really nice. Perfect for a break.

Guest Russfamily

Tanunda Caravan Park is a great place to stay, theres a cruise on weekend on 15th and 16th of Jan if your into hot rods and classic cars and of course plenty of cellar doors