clothes for october?

Guest hel&sam

Guest hel&sam

coming over for our recci last two weeks in october!! woooo hoooo cant wait. would be nice if it was one way but not sold the house yet, had a viewer last week though so fingers crossed.

Advice on packing please, will i do shorts and flip flops or jeans and jumpers ??? whats the weather gonna be like. (need wet suit and sodding flippers in stalybridge at the moment)

Ta

Helen.xx:o:o

Neither. Maybe jeans and a T-shirt?

It's a bit hit and miss. I got married in Adelaide in October (many years ago) and the day before it poured with rain and was blowing a gale!! But it wasn't cold. You could get some real hot days too. The average daily max last year was 24 C, but one day it reached 34, another day it only got to 16. Remember temperatures in Adelaide feel cooler than the same temperature in the UK so factor that in. Think British summer...

see http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/200810/html/IDCJDW5002.200810.shtml

Guest the4hopes

We arrived last october, some days were 27 some were 30s, but still quite chilly in the shade. Evenings quite chilly aswell, so summer clothes, jeans and some jumpers or fleeces, should be ok with sandals though. Looking forward to these days again, although the winter has been amazing, plenty of sunny days.

Laura

Adel's brother visited us from the UK in October last year and we had the same conversation with him on what to pack. The short answer is that you'll likely need a bit of everything! Last year we had some gorgeous days but also some drizzly and chilly ones. October is middle of spring, so generally it's warming up but in the shade can still feel cold.

Jim

Guest hel&sam

thanks guys, bloody hell, all that money to come to a british summer, i've just endured one of those.!! this might involve nickin the kids luggage allowance hmmm.

Helen xx

Guest the4hopes

The last british summer I saw was last year, and I have to say Spring here is nothing like it, its beautiful!, winter here is better than British summer!

So just look forward to coming!

Guest nishman

Late October should be relatively warm, and will seem very warm compared to the UK when you leave.

I'd still bring a coat just to be safe. I can guarantee that whatever you wear, it'll be less than the aussie's will be wearing :)

coming over for our recci last two weeks in october!! woooo hoooo cant wait. would be nice if it was one way but not sold the house yet, had a viewer last week though so fingers crossed.

Advice on packing please, will i do shorts and flip flops or jeans and jumpers ??? whats the weather gonna be like. (need wet suit and sodding flippers in stalybridge at the moment)

Ta

Helen.xx:o:o

Hi

Just wanted to say hello as we are going over to adelaide on a recci on 23rd october and we are from Bolton. What date are you flying? I was wondering what clothes to take as well so thanks for asking the question. We are staying in Hallet Cove in Roos Rentals where are you staying?

We have to have our visa validated by 21st November and we were really hoping this trip to be one way too. We also cannot sell our house it is really frustrating!!!

Hope you enjoy your trip

from Lorraine Steve Lynsey (19) Reece (8)

Guest hel&sam

hiya, we're going on 14th october, cant wait. we've rented a house in glenelg, not that we'll be able to afford to live there but i can manage two weeks while we suss the place out. Had a second viewing tonight so i'm keeping my fingers crossed while trying not to get my hopes up, but yes its very frustrating (and thats just the tidying up when someone does come to look).

Have a great time, hope it's exactly what we're all looking for, we can compare notes when we get back.

Helenxx

Guest hel&sam

hiya, we're going on 14th october, cant wait. we've rented a house in glenelg, not that we'll be able to afford to live there but i can manage two weeks while we suss the place out. Had a second viewing tonight so i'm keeping my fingers crossed while trying not to get my hopes up, but yes its very frustrating (and thats just the tidying up when someone does come to look).

Have a great time, hope it's exactly what we're all looking for, we can compare notes when we get back.

Helenxx

Helenxx

Good luck with selling your house, just wish we could get one viewer - not looking good at the moment, just keep hoping.

Won't be long now before we can see for ourselves what it's like in Adelaide we are looking forward to it too.

Will compare notes soon!!!

Bye

Lorraine

Guest SCOTTYSUKSA

hi there,

october is a great time to arrive in adelaide, springtime. the days are in the 20's, but the evenings still get quite cool. a selection of warm and cool clothes would have you prepared.

helen scott

Guest BAZnDAF

Helenxx

Hi guys,

We'll be there on our reccie when you get there too :) maybe we could meet you (again) at the meet up in glenelg thats being organised by scooterdan.

Barry.

Hi

Just wanted to say hello as we are going over to adelaide on a recci on 23rd october and we are from Bolton. What date are you flying? I was wondering what clothes to take as well so thanks for asking the question. We are staying in Hallet Cove in Roos Rentals where are you staying?

We have to have our visa validated by 21st November and we were really hoping this trip to be one way too. We also cannot sell our house it is really frustrating!!!

Hope you enjoy your trip

from Lorraine Steve Lynsey (19) Reece (8)

Hi Lorraine

we were in the same situation a while ago it was own fault as took years to make up our mind that we wanted to go and then delayed visa application till we had a few desinations in mind hense put house on the market last sept (talk about poor timing) we finally sold this summer and in rented we were thinking about the gold coast but hubby got great job in Adelaide so I'll get work after we arrive we are due to arrive end of Nov Things change very quickly no matter how long you have planned it all feels like a whirlwind chin up and good luck with your viewing

debbie x

Guest kangomik

Posh git Robert LOL

It was around 17 degrees on wed, raised a little yesterday, warmed to over 25 today and due to be over 25 tomorrow then back down below 20 for sunday.

Tonight was wonderfull, sitting outside waiting for the BBQ to warm (well it is friday)

In answer to the question, bring a pair of jeans, and a couple of fleeces. It won't rain for long, and if the wind is blowing in the wrong direction you may need the fleece. Other wise its tee's and shorts and thongs. (footwear)

Been eves-dropping the site for a while now while going through the visa torture. PIA has been so so helpful at giving us a gee-up when we've needed it :arghh: and just lots and lots of practical advice.

We had our visa granted in July and we're off on a recce trip in October too - 16th to 29th staying in West Lakes. The big move'll be around Easter. At the moment really keen on Henley Beach, but guess we'll know better after October.

We're a family of four Deb, Aid, Matthew (9) and Holly (6). We've had the occasional panic attack and wobble along the way but are really up for it now.

Just had tea,or dinner if your posh,in Glenelg at the surf club.Watched the sun go down with the wife and kids after work.Makes it all worthwhile.

Soon be you.

Good luck

Looking good after your arrival here ;)

Lovely to read this:)