Adelaide United

Guest jimdundee

Guest jimdundee

Hi

Me and my Wife arrive on October 5th:jiggy: and really love our footy (soccer). We see that Adelaide United are playing later that day. Can anyone tell me if you can purchase tickets on the day? If so do you just go to the stadium and purchase them?

Also does public transport run on banks holidays as we would have to find away of getting there as we will be staying in Glenelg North.

Thanks for reading and hope to get some positive info

Jas N Caz

Guest jimdundee

Thanks Diane and scooterdan. Looking forward to getting there now, cant come quick enough. Iv been keeping up with watching the reds on sky. I can def see the quality difference in the football played.

Guest jimdundee

we have already thought about that. we are going to try and stay awake that day and try to get our bodys in the adelaide time frame. so we gonna try and keep busy that day. its gonna b hard i know that. also thanks young flinny for the info, will try our best to get there. do you enjoy watching the reds? whats the atmosphere like?

Jas n Caz

Guest PompeyPom

26 dollers to get in happy days eh.I would love to get some games in aswell when we get out in October,as for the footy not being to good but the atmosphere ok i should be at home being a lowly POMPEY fan LOL......Maybe arrange beers in the future before a game or two.

All the best Scott n gang

Guest hulltigers
26 dollers to get in happy days eh.I would love to get some games in aswell when we get out in October,as for the footy not being to good but the atmosphere ok i should be at home being a lowly POMPEY fan LOL......Maybe arrange beers in the future before a game or two.

All the best Scott n gang

hya scott,keep in touch mate, can this hull city fan go with u to game too, we need to wear our shirts tho , up the tigers

hya scott,keep in touch mate, can this hull city fan go with u to game too, we need to wear our shirts tho , up the tigers

YoungFlinny (one of my sons, Jamie) and Sam (our other son) always wear their Leeds shirts to the games and have already made friends with a Burnley fan.

Jas N Caz, we arrived on the Thursday morning before the Friday game and had a couple of hours sleep in the afternoon. We then stayed up until about midnight, so that we ensured that we had a good nights sleep and were up bright and early the next morning. This certainly ensured that we didn't suffer too bad with the jetlag.

If you arrive early enough on Friday then I'm sure that you too could grab a crafty couple of hours sleep. (make sure it's no longer, as you'll sleep through and be up all night!)

Good luck with your journey and I hope that you love Adelaide as much as we do, when you get here.

Howard.

we have already thought about that. we are going to try and stay awake that day and try to get our bodys in the adelaide time frame. so we gonna try and keep busy that day. its gonna b hard i know that. also thanks young flinny for the info, will try our best to get there. do you enjoy watching the reds? whats the atmosphere like?

Jas n Caz

I enjoy watching Adelaide, and for the atmosphere question it depends on what you're used to, coming from Elland Road the atmosphere is nothing but if you're used to say Old Trafford it's probably "mental."

There's a noisy section in the north stand but I believe that's season tickets only, the main stand (cheapest) and the north and south sections are roofless which is fine most of the time although it doesn't hold atmosphere well and when it rains you best bring your armbands.

Guest jimdundee
YoungFlinny (one of my sons, Jamie) and Sam (our other son) always wear their Leeds shirts to the games and have already made friends with a Burnley fan.

Jas N Caz, we arrived on the Thursday morning before the Friday game and had a couple of hours sleep in the afternoon. We then stayed up until about midnight, so that we ensured that we had a good nights sleep and were up bright and early the next morning. This certainly ensured that we didn't suffer too bad with the jetlag.

If you arrive early enough on Friday then I'm sure that you too could grab a crafty couple of hours sleep. (make sure it's no longer, as you'll sleep through and be up all night!)

Good luck with your journey and I hope that you love Adelaide as much as we do, when you get here.

Howard.

Thanx for your advice howard, will take it on board and may b will see you at the game (Providing we make it on time) Thanks to everyone else for their advice and we look forward to supporting the reds.

Jas n Caz