Swimming Lessons - Hallett Cove area

Guest Dave & Carole

WE are in Hallett Cove & have just enrolled our 2 at Dolphin Swim Centre in Happy Valley. Not sure about closer - probably about the same distance - took 10/15 mins to get there. I would def recommend them as they were really helpful & freindly. Put our 3 year old straight into a class to begin next week, and took our 5 year old back later the same day to 'assess' her & then pot her in appropriate class. Seem very clued up on individual needs. Bit more expensive than in UK but not much. I emailed them from their website and they got back to me next day - they said to pop down & have a look.

Hope that helps

There is an excellent state swim at Morphett Road (in between seacliff and Marion) which is about 15 mins drive from Hallett Cove. Pretty sure that's the nearest state swim to Hallett Cove.

Guest Trakki

ours go to the blue dolphin at happy valley and they are fab. Oldest 2 did te hol programme, at the beginning of the week neither could swim, by the end of the week they could both swim unaided. My 3 year old starts next week.

Perhaps if the children are complete beginners some lessons in a pool make sense, but I wouldn't bother with that too long. Take them to the local surf life saving club and learn there. :)

Alternatively, throw them off the end of a jetty. They'll learn quickly.*

*That's a joke, my Nana likes to tell everyone that's how she learnt though :D