Friendly lizard

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

We all see the scare stories of the wild life here + we've had quite a few ourselves.

Here is one to redress..............

A few weeks ago ( with council permission) I was burning off prunings from the grove.

I always check the piles to be burnt,giving them a good shake of poke in case anyone has taken up residency in the pile.

No signs this year but after a few minutes a disgruntled and smoking spiny lizard came whizzing out and bumped straight into me.We looked at each other and realised we were not a threat threat to each other.I then gave him a good dousing in water to cool him off and hopefully ward off any burns.

He went off eventually and over the next few days hung around our sheds and veggie patch.I left a dish of water out for him and chucked him the odd juicy worm or bug which he relished.:)

He went missing after that and I honestly thought he'd died from his fiery ordeal.Did my best though :sad:

Anyway,yesterday afternoon I'm just walking up to a shed when there he is- sunbaking away on the concrete! Well I think it was him??

I reached down to tickle him(and to make sure he was not in harms way).He allowed me to give him a scratch and eventually I picked him up and put him on some rocks nearby- no sign of distress,completely trusting.I looked a few minutes later and he'd buzzed off.

I think he was the same one - felt honoured that he trusted me and good to know he is OK.

NB - I don't advocate picking any old lizard or reptile up,some can give nasty bites,infect wounds or lock jaws.I've had experience with handling these fellas for years.

Here he is...............

Image149.jpg

Image150.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest steph&neil

That is soo cute but the first photo made him (i presume???) look HUGE & I thought what a brave guy!!! well I think you are very noble & would like to think that it is indeed the same one, we have a blue tongued lizard under our decking, it freaks me out but as long as he stays at a distance (when baking on the rocks) I am happy x

Guest Guest75
That is soo cute but the first photo made him (i presume???) look HUGE & I thought what a brave guy!!! well I think you are very noble & would like to think that it is indeed the same one, we have a blue tongued lizard under our decking, it freaks me out but as long as he stays at a distance (when baking on the rocks) I am happy x

Cherish that Bluey!

He will eat a lot of slugs,snails and bugs in your garden!

Similar to having a Hedgehog!:notworthy::notworthy::)

• 2 weeks later...