accomadation on the great ocean road

Guest cainesmadhouse

Guest cainesmadhouse

Hi all, I am trying to get one nights accomadation on december 28 in warrnanbol or somewhere near. Everytime i enquire i get an email back saying that this time of year the minimum stay is 3 nights. As i have already payed for accomadation in adelaide and in victoria i cant stay for more than 1 night. Will it be best to get somewhere when we get there. At worst i could drive all the way to victoria and find something there , but ide like to see some of the ocean road and dont want to rush my trip. Has anybody done this trip this time of year ? will i find lots of vacancies on the way through ?..............any thoughts..Thanks in advance

Hi all, I am trying to get one nights accomadation on december 28 in warrnanbol or somewhere near. Everytime i enquire i get an email back saying that this time of year the minimum stay is 3 nights. As i have already payed for accomadation in adelaide and in victoria i cant stay for more than 1 night. Will it be best to get somewhere when we get there. At worst i could drive all the way to victoria and find something there , but ide like to see some of the ocean road and dont want to rush my trip. Has anybody done this trip this time of year ? will i find lots of vacancies on the way through ?..............any thoughts..Thanks in advance

Try searching motels, we are doing the great ocean rd leaving on the 26th Dec and at first struggled to get accomodation but found typing in motels in the search it gave some more places. We are staying at Mount Gambier, Portland, Port Campbell, Apollo Bay, Geelong and then upto Ballarat. Every time we struggled to find accomodation the Motels came up trumps

It sounds like you haven't got the time to stay 3 days but if you did ....it's a fantastic place. It has that real holiday atmosphere and it is beautiful ocean everywhere and some lovely forests too. We stayed here http://www.caravanparksvictoria.com/colac.htm but had our own camper trailer. I would think most would have three day minimum because it is their most busiest season - I think you will find that if you did find a place that took you for one night it would take up all your time looking for it rather than enjoying the pleasure of your surroundings. It really is crazy, busy there with people getting into their accommodation. We didn't book one year and we ended up a lot further out than we had hoped. It's definitely worth driving through even if you don't stay.

Guest cainesmadhouse

Thanks for the replys. Can anyone tell me how long the drive is. ie adelaide to warrnanboll..............then warrnanboll to torquay in victoria. i know this will vary depending how long you take to admire the views, but how long roughly........thanks

Guest Guest75
Thanks for the replys. Can anyone tell me how long the drive is. ie adelaide to warrnanboll..............then warrnanboll to torquay in victoria. i know this will vary depending how long you take to admire the views, but how long roughly........thanks

Warnambool is a fair way.

We stopped in Port Fairy which is a lovely fishing village,plenty of places to stay.

We did the trip in 2 days as we had to get to Melbourne by a certain day.

We did it in August in not good weather though :sad:

Warrnamool to Torquay is not actually that far - just depends on how much you stop on the way.