Kangaroo Island

Guest RazandKaz

Guest RazandKaz

We are considering whether to go to Kangaroo Island during our validation trip. I have been before and know the kids and my OH will love it. But all the tours are very expensive and because the kids are young (3 and 5) we will need to go on a private charter.

Does anyone have experience of taking young kids to KI and which tour operator did you use? Or would you recommend taking the car and just buying a park pass and doing a DIY tour?

Will probably need to keep it short (2 days max) as we will not have much time. But keen to go, because if OH hates Adelaide my Oz dream might be over and we may never get to visit......

Any advice?

Karen

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Drive it yourself, dont do a tour! I would say you might need maybe 3 days. I took my mum last year. Stay somewhere around the middle of the island, that way you dont have to drive the entire lenght and back from kingscote to flinders chase etc.

We stayed in emu bay, cabin slept 4 people for $99 a night.

Guest guest569

I agree with the others. if he likes Adelaide then you can save the trip till you live here but if you think you need this trip as an Ace card up your sleeve you can just book the P&O ferry and find accom all over the place. We stayed at Kingscote and had a fantastic weekend.:notworthy:

Guest Guest75

I agree with Pash Pom - I'd wait until you are here.

So much else to see and do here.:notworthy:

We saved the trip - in fact we still have and have never visited KI since we arrived in 2000.

It's on the list for next year deffo!:biglaugh:

Been to KI a couple of times now, love it there! First time about 3 years ago we stayed in Kingscote in a motel with Mum and Dad. Second time was last Easter camping with friends and it was excellent. Visited all the off the beaten tracks. Snellings Beach was our favourite but you will need a 4WD to get there. We thought the KI Caravan Park in the middle was excellent and would definitely stay there again. They have lovely cabins.

KI is fab stayed in kingscote as when you get home want to walk to food and drinks. there is amazing places to see and cannot get enough f it funily enough was one of the first places we went to and have been back again