Greenhills Adventure Park

Diane

Thought I might take the kids down to this one day this week - anyone been? Any good? Enough to interest slightly older children? (15 and 12) and should I take a good book to read to entertain myself?

Incidentally, if anyone else is thinking of doing the same, there is a discount voucher here: http://www.sadirect.com.au/Tourism/Fun-Parks/Greenhills-Adventure-Park.html

Guest Team 'W'

hi dawn we was there in december, i thought it was ok,but wouldnt rush back...

but everyone has their own oppinions this is what was there:crazy golf [free]$1 refunded when you take the club and ball back,bumpy slide [free] water slides [free] but if its busy theres a wait,water bikes + pedal boats [free] archery [free] zip wires,[free] giant bouncy inflatable [free] theres volly ball nets erected [free]pedal go carts [free] THEN theres a climbing wall [have to pay to go on] petrol go carts [have to pay]i think theres canoeing [have to pay for]and i think its something like $100 bucks for family of four to go in which i thought was really steep.when you add up all the extras....you can use the bbqs on site or they have a cafe or take out. So i hope this sorts of helps try it you mite think its fab my friend did.

Guest Nick11

Bad news guys - Greenhills will be closing soon - making way for a housing development.

My kids school go every year on mass and we were told this year it would be the last trip because of the closure.

Guest mysnix

We went last Christmas with a 13 and 10 year old. We did enjoy it, after going with low expectations. I think the key is to just do everything no matter how lame it looks. We loved the canoeing and the archery. It is expensive for what it is, but I guess there is little of its type.

Can't say I am surprised it is closing though - it was empty when we went in the school holidays and does not generally rank very highly with most people I have spoken to.

Guest Here at last!

Hi Diane

We went to Greenhills in December 2009 and my children loved it, although they are younger than your kids.

It is not the best adventure park you will ever visit but it is good fun and lots of different activities.

When we visited it wasn't very busy and we didn't have to queue for anything. We really enjoyed the crazy golf and the water slides. The hugh bouncy castles on the way out was great fun too, even for the adults!

There is lots of shade and seats around the park.

We had food at the indoor cafe and was very suprised at how nice the sandwiches were after having awful food at Alton Towers etc we expected the same.

Have a nice day.

Sonya

We went last year with a 6 year old and a 10 year old and they both enjoyed it the water slides and the canoes where the best bit we didn't have to Q was it was quiet. Shame its closing as they could do a lot with it it seems to be the norm in Adelaide they never "cash in" on anything like that :( wonder what it sells for? may be we should all chip in:biglaugh:

went there on my yr 12 camp when Victor was much smaller than it is now, and it was a dirt road to get there from Victor and no houses nearby. Not much has changed when you get inside the park so that's like 28 yrs and only a few things have been added. It's probably not making a profit or enough to stave off the developers.

Just thought I'd close the circle on this - took the kids down there yesterday. Took us about 2hrs 15 to get there - had to go on the old South Road as that daft one-way road wasn't open in the right direction (either going or coming back)! Can see why there're so many traffic accidents on the Victor Harbor Road too, some very aggressive driving on there, particularly when the overtaking lane is ending, and some people driving way over the limit (particularly white vans - plus ca change.....!)

Anyway, it was about 36 degrees during the day here, and only mid twenties down there so an excellent place to go on a hot day. Staff there were really friendly, and visitors seemed mostly families with slightly younger kids than mine, with a couple of teenage groups, and a couple of OHSC groups. Still plenty of space though, lots of parking, and no problem getting somewhere to sit, or getting onto any of the activities.

The maze was great, the bouncy cushion popular with my two, and the pedaloes and bigger pedalo type things were excellent gentle fun! The archery was good too, and so were the two 'dry' slides. Didn't think a lot of the water slides (bit tame), but they were popular with smaller kids (and there's a special one for pre-schoolers). Only thing we paid to do was the rockwall climbing, which my two enjoyed (although the pushy parents not allowing their terrified kids to come down and insisting they keep going to 'get their monies' worth were a bit irritating!)

We didn't try the mini golf, canoes, par3 golf, or go karts, and there wasn't a particularly long wait for any of the activities, although the park was pretty full I guess.

Moon bikes were a hit although looked a bit tame beforehand, and the flying foxes were a bit low for my two galumphs! Equipment all seemed in fairly good condition, couple of cracked pedaloes and some wicked bumps on the long slide - got bruises on my butt to prove that!!

All in all, we had a really fun day, we took a picnic, but bought some ice-creams and crisps, so a pretty reasonable day out, especially after using the discount voucher (see above link). Not something I'd do again, just because of the distance to drive there, but glad we tried it before it closed!

If you've not been and have kids aged from about 3 upwards to about 14/15, it's definitely worth a visit I reckon.

Thanks everyone for all the info.

Guest the4hopes

We went to the adventure park at St Kilda. Free! Better for older children not really for toddlers, large slides, swings, 2 helterskelters! and 2 zipwires. Good fun for no money!