Heat rash/prickly heat.

sueoc

After those two sweaty scorchers on sunday and especially monday i've got an all over heat rash!Perspiration was just dripping off me on Monday then all of a sudden i felt like my skin was crawling,now its an itchy rash.Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem before?

I use sudocreme. Put it on before bed and in the morning I'm fine.

If it is really itchy I would pop down the docs - you could have been bitten and just assumed it was because you were sweating.

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

May be worth a try and if no help. Consider going to the Quack

Oatmeal powder is a useful home treatment for getting relief from prickly heat. Add little amount of oatmeal powder in a bath tub and stir it well. Take a dip in the bath tub, this will give fast relief from inflammation and soothes the skin.

- You can also try this simple home remedy to get relief from inflammation and prickly heat. Take cotton cloth or sponge and soak in cold water. Keep it over the affected area until all the water is not absorbed away. Do this 2-3 times a day.

- Ice cubes are another easy home remedy for treating prickly heat caused due to hot and humid temperature. Rub small ice cubes over the red bulges. The cool ice cubes will reduce the inflammation and will also puncture the red swellings.

- Apply gram flour (besan) paste over the infected area. Cover the red bulges with this paste and allow it to dry. Wash it off with cold water. This will help in removing all the dead skins and relieves from inflammation.

- Dry the barks of banyan tree and grind it into find powder. Apply it over the infected area. This also gives fast relief from prickly heat.

- You can also apply an herbal or non-perfumed talcum powder after bath. This will help in absorbing extra moisture from the body and protect from prickly heat. Repeat this process 4-5 times a day.

- Fuller's earth (multani mitti) is useful home remedy for prickly heat. Make multani mitti pack by adding 4-5 tablespoon of it with 2-3 tablespoon of rose water and plain water to make a thick paste

I have suffered from this for years on hols. I now avoid it by taking allergy relief tablets as it is a sun allergy that creates those itchy bumps(prickly heat)...not had it since!!!

Also got some fab cream in Greece a couple of years ago which was excellent "algoflogen" not sure if there is an equivalent in Oz, you could google it?

Hope this helps

joolz x