Dolphin Cruise

taffordbark

Guest ben&sharon

Go on a Sunday - they run five buck promotional tours for about two hours at a time. 11.30 and 2.30, I think. And don't expect picturesque scenery!! The river out of the Port is very industrial. But you WILL learn a lot about flour silos and submarine building...........;)

It's definitely worth doing, though - especially at that price. And my little boy loved running about the boat trying to spot the dolphins (and we did see quite a few!). Just a nice chilled couple of hours floating down river......

http://www.dolphinexplorer.com.au/

Guest Fly Away

We did the lunch package and it was worth the extra. Plus we saw many dolphins. We have also done the swim the dolphins from Glenelg and it was superb. Only one of your party needs to swim and even then they can decide they don't like it and stay on the boat.

Guest nishman

We managed to to get up-close-and-personal with a pod of three from our inflatable dingy last weekend. I can't tell you where, because it's a quiet beach that doesn't get flooded with people at the weekend and we want to keep it a secret (and the dolphins always seem to appear between 3 & 4 o'clock) LOL

We did the dolphin cruise up at the port and saw one before we even set off. It was in June, on a fine day, but a little chilly - should be alright this time of year. Get a good position near the pointy end, or up on the top deck :) It's very good VFM IMO

We've done the sunday $4 dolphin princes cruise twice - first time in August saw loads of dolhins, and they were still playing by the port when we got off.

Last week took the relys and uograded to the $15 lunch cruise. Food was pretty good - choice of fish or chicken schnitzel or chips. Drinks cost extra. Unfortunately not a single dolphin sighted but was nice and sunny on deck, cool and fully air-conned below. There's also a big indoor market you can wander round at the Port.

Sorry - forgot to add this one. I've had my eye on this for a while, but haven't had time to do it yet.... Looks like a nice way to get up close with the dolphins...

http://www.adventurekayak.com.au/index.html

There's also this thread about these guys

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12242&highlight=kayak

We did the kayaking just the other weekend, great family fun, and saw a dolphin and her calf right next to us, swimming around by our boats for abot five minutes.

Guest Nicky&Andy

dolphin cruise from glenelg is amazing you can watch or swim, there are a few pics on my album of what to expect, the dolphins swim all around you and in my case right underneath me, i still get emotional now, (it was my life ambition)

only thing is my youngest was eight and i had to hang on to him as well as the rope as the pull of the water was quite strong (the others were fine though and it was a stormy day)

dolphin cruise from glenelg is amazing you can watch or swim, there are a few pics on my album of what to expect, the dolphins swim all around you and in my case right underneath me, i still get emotional now, (it was my life ambition)

only thing is my youngest was eight and i had to hang on to him as well as the rope as the pull of the water was quite strong (the others were fine though and it was a stormy day)

That sounds fab as I not a keen swimmer but would like to see them from a boat take pictures and get in with them if I can.

Will send these details to hubby

Thanks

Michelle