Golf in Adelaide

Guest Langers

Guest Langers

We are planning on returning to oz (Adelaide) after returning back

to the UK 2 years ago (from Sydney). Having been in the UK this winter, we've

realised now why we emigrated in the first place !! - Have been looking at websites

for golf clubs to join as a member. Does anyone have any experiences/preferences of

Glenelg or The Grange that they can pass on ?

Thanks, Langers

Hi Langers

I unfortunately don't have any experience of golf or golf courses however Coolerking posted recently about setting up a PIA golf society so maybe check out that post if you are interested!

Thanks

Stacey

x

Hi Langers

I unfortunately don't have any experience of golf or golf courses however Coolerking posted recently about setting up a PIA golf society so maybe check out that post if you are interested!

Thanks

Stacey

x

Yes and I need to have a look for a date!

Can't comment on those courses but have heard there all pretty good up there. From what I've seen, you don't need a driver on many courses (well, not me anyway) as they're pretty tight compared to the ones I played :shocked:

Cooler

We are planning on returning to oz (Adelaide) after returning back

to the UK 2 years ago (from Sydney). Having been in the UK this winter, we've

realised now why we emigrated in the first place !! - Have been looking at websites

for golf clubs to join as a member. Does anyone have any experiences/preferences of

Glenelg or The Grange that they can pass on ?

Thanks, Langers

expensive. as a member..............................never managed to get on either, but Glenelg is one I need to get on....somehow:)looks good.

Guest LEE & DONNA

thats funny i looked at both these courses the other night whilst browsing and the joining fee is 6000 dollars alone and around 3000 dollars a year. so i dont think il be bothering with them. i also had a look at the vines at reynella website. no info on prices but did look quite reasonable.

Hi, dont know about Glenelg GC; but Grange....................well now.........my oh went for a looksee...as a 3 handicapper, he was told there was a 2 year waiting list!!! Expensive to join, about $6k, i believe; nice courses there, and the pennant team is above A league.

There are a few good courses about so try not to limit yourself too much.

Kooyonga has a 10 year waiting list, so unless you have a relly in the know, why bother??

West lakes is supposed to be good, too.

Good luck