Aussie Rules?

Guest RazandKaz

Guest RazandKaz

Hi

We know nothing about Aussie Rules, but in the UK we are big rugby union fans and season ticket holders at Leicester Tigers.

When we get to Oz we will be looking for a sport to follow with our 2 girls (aged 5 & 3) - who quite like the rugby too! Is Aussie Rules a family sport? Is it suitable to take the kids along every week. We would never consider taking them to a football game in the UK because of the bad language, whereas rugby in the UK is VERY family freindly.

Also, we are in Adelaide from 26 March to 10 April on our reccie - is it Aussie rules season? How difficult is it to get a ticket to a game and how much? And which team should we watch - I understand Adelaide have 2 big teams.

I know someone on PIA will be a follower of the game and will be able to advise.

Thanks

Karen

I think the season starts at the end of March, the two Adelaide teams are called the Adelaide Crows and the Port Adelaide Power. The atmosphere is very family friendly so dont worry about taking your kids . It is a lot easier to get tickets to a Power game and you would be looking at paying about 20 dollars for an adult and i think kids under 5 are free! Go and watch either team its a great day out even if you dont know whats goin on.

you can check these links for more info

www.portadelaidefc.com.au

www.afc.com.au

Nice to see some one else from Leamington Spa has decided to take the plunge Down Under

Guest kangomik

crows play on the 5th, get tickets through tiketex, yes its very family orientated and no singing like soccer.

Even the soccer at Hindmarsh is tame when it come to crowd participation.

Don't worry if you cannot get a ticket, its on the TV almost everywhere, and watch the footy show on thursday nightif you want to sample aussie humour

Guest Kazzarazza

Hi guys. The Adelaide Crows first home game is on Sunday 4th April against Sydney Swans - starting time 12:40pm. There should be a good chance of getting tickets, as Sydney don't have as big a following in Adelaide as most of the Melbourne teams do and it is Easter Sunday so many people will be away on hols. You can also get tickets from AAMI Stadium in West Lakes on the West Lakes Mall side between Gate 8 and the SANFL office.

Can definitely recommend taking your kids - it's very family friendly at the footy. In fact, I'm sure you will find it quite civilised.

Best of luck, Kazza.

Guest panther
Hi

We know nothing about Aussie Rules, but in the UK we are big rugby union fans and season ticket holders at Leicester Tigers.

When we get to Oz we will be looking for a sport to follow with our 2 girls (aged 5 & 3) - who quite like the rugby too! Is Aussie Rules a family sport? Is it suitable to take the kids along every week. We would never consider taking them to a football game in the UK because of the bad language, whereas rugby in the UK is VERY family freindly.

Also, we are in Adelaide from 26 March to 10 April on our reccie - is it Aussie rules season? How difficult is it to get a ticket to a game and how much? And which team should we watch - I understand Adelaide have 2 big teams.

I know someone on PIA will be a follower of the game and will be able to advise.

Thanks

Karen

Go along to a Sanfl game in the metro area kids get in for free and if you live down south you can actually drive your car into the Norlunga ground and sit in it and watch a game GO YOU PANTHERS

Panther