Camping

Hey guys we went out camping in our new tent this weekend.:huh:

We didnt go far we went to Adelaide Shores just near the airport it was only 30 mins drive away from home ( Seaford ).

It was amazing, lots for the kids to do, 2 swimming pools, one very shallow one for lil kids, and then one deeper one for the better swimmers.

Both pools have shade sales covering virtually the whole area.

We went upto the beach and chucked a couple of lines in and we caught, Flathead, Salmon, Big Bream, and summat i have never seen before but was well full of nasty spike.

The cafe and shop were brilliant everything you would want form a camping/caravinning shop.

We had a HEAPS GOOD time and would reccommend this place to anyone for holiday or even newbies after soemwhere to stay when they first get here.

Adelaide = Backwater....not a frigging chance....:Randy-git:

love it......:notworthy:

HG

Guest JoTanCalOwen

hubby and I were only talking about camping last night, we have a newish tent and was wondering if it would be ok to bring to Oz with us? Or if the tents they have out there are diferent? Sounds silly buy its an honest Q.. :unsure:

thanks all

Tanya

hubby and I were only talking about camping last night, we have a newish tent and was wondering if it would be ok to bring to Oz with us? Or if the tents they have out there are diferent? Sounds silly buy its an honest Q.. :unsure:

thanks all

Tanya

they are slightly different out here, more keep heat out than rain....and more so designed to keep any nasties out too :chatterbox::policeman:

I would reccomend Adelaide Shores to anyone, close to city to go do stuff....lovely beach....its even nice watching and hearing the planes going off.....

HG

Guest katsmajic

The Vango's are great and yep would be great here too.

Hi our friends brought over a vango diabalo tent from the UK and use it with no problems. It has an unbuilt groundsheet. If it's a decent tent I would say fetch it.

Guest pauljoinoz

We also did our first camping trip to Adelaide shores - thought we had better not go too far in case we couldn't put the tent up!!!!

We had such a great time our son cried when it was time to come home!

Fab place!

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Thank you for your replies, I cannot remember what make our tent is, I know the bedroom compartments have built in ground sheets but the main living area has a separate ground sheet, we will have to go camping this summer to check it all out again, all I do know its a 9 birth pod style tent, like my space even when camping, we will see whats what ...

thank you all again,

Tanya

thanks all

Tanya

One problem with bringing tents over is that they have to be extremely clean - quarantine here will inspect anything that has been in contact with soil. We were given our tent by some Aussies who couldn't be bothered to clean it on leaving the UK, and we then passed it on to our very grateful neighbours when we left.

Guest Philip

How is that 'camping?'. I thought camping was hitting the outback with a tent, gas burner and some beans. Sounds like you just went to a holiday park?!

Just to let you know, I went into a really ggod store in Adelaide last week for outdoor stuff- a place called Anaconda near the airport. It was similar to decathlon in the UK and had some great tents- some tiny 2 man jobs and some bigger than houses Ive lived in! They were very reasonably priced too. They had a ton of other outdoor gear - we got some great reclining chairs, and a hammock. The hammock, with a frame was only $100 and big enough for two.

We also stayed at Adelaide Shores last month on our reccie. We found it to be a lovely site, clean, safe and comfortable. We stayed in a Tourist Cabin which had everything we needed, however, a little dated and not that cheap. Would stay there again though and as they are part of the BIG4, would be happy to stay at their other sites. There is one in Marion which looks good. We loved Adelaide, the beautiful beaches, turqoise sea, tranquility and accessibility.

How is that 'camping?'. I thought camping was hitting the outback with a tent, gas burner and some beans. Sounds like you just went to a holiday park?!

If thats how you wanna put it then we did...but it made my kids smile for a whole weekend and that will do me !!!!!:P

Cnt catch fish in the outback anyway !!!!!:jiggy:

Also thinking about getting a boat shall i get a little 5/6 metre runaround or a big cruiser wioth a helipad on ?

HG

Guest Guest75

:daydreaming:

I think Martin should have said it one the first time they have camped - so a really good idea to have a little go at it first.

:biglaugh:

Guest Guest75
If thats how you wanna put it then we did...but it made my kids smile for a whole weekend and that will do me !!!!!:P

Cnt catch fish in the outback anyway !!!!!:jiggy:

Also thinking about getting a boat shall i get a little 5/6 metre runaround or a big cruiser wioth a helipad on ?

HG

You could do some great casts from the helipad;)

Guest Trakki

We did our first Oz camp in Deep Creek National Park, just a toilet/shower block, we don't like the holiday parks, mainly due to the price with 5 kids gets quite expensive, but we have camped tons in UK since we were both small so quite seasoned. Got a park pass and so once we have camped once more it will have paid for itself and be free. Anaconda is great, we saw a tent we liked but rather expensive then came home googled it and found one on sale in QLD and got it delivered for a fraction of the cost, same with the ice boxes. We didn't ship our tent from the the UK as didn't think we could get it clean enough.

Good luck with more camping trips

Sometimes people need the amenities that go with these campsites. We always use powered site with our camper trailer (which we unfortunately are going to have to put up for sale) because we needed the powered site for our baby at the time. Just because your not in the middle of nowhere doesn't mean it's not an adventure for the kids.

And guess i aint really camping either if i got a camper trailer. :nah:

Guest nishman

There are three ways to camp here:

1 Swag in the bush with a billy can and shovel

2 "Holiday park" with power, DVD room and ensuite toilet / shower

3 Somewhere in between

When you've got kids, the convenience of clean toilets nearby and power for lights (and heat) are a big draw. Most of these places have pools too, which is often a clincher if they're saying they don't want to come.

All depends on whether you're after adventure, leisure or convenience I suppose. Sometimes it's just nice to see a different part of the country, especially if there's a little group of you.

Ok, you're not fiddling with your woggles (nor, more importantly, the wiggles) and probably not singing kumbaya around a campfire (fire danger season and all that), it doesn't mean you're not camping over here. You can make it as comfortable or as basic as you like ;)