Hotels in CBD?

Guest JayBone

Guest JayBone

Hey all,

We will be over in Adelaide to validate our visa in May, we have a campervan for all but the last night and will need to find some accomodation, We probably wont have spent a great deal of time in the CBD so would preferably stay there, so we can spend the day around the Market and go out for a nice meal etc.......

Does anyone have any recommendations for us? :GEEK:

Also, we will only be in Adelaide for 7-8 days, we are planning on a trip to the Barossa, A day at Glenelg, a trip to Hahndorf and the Adelaide Hills area and a barbecue with friends we have met through a rival site:jimlad:.

Other than that, what can you experienced Poms recommend?

P.S

Opening a bank account and signing up for medicare are not high on my agenda :wacko:

If you want to stay close to the market (and not stay at the Hilton which is right next door) then this is quite close. I've not ever been to this place but it's in Sturt Street and very close to central market area and 10-15 minute walking distance to city but you can take the tram for free (in the city area) so you can explore lots of places. It might be a bit pricey for one night tho. 2 Bedroom 2 Bathroom Townhouse Apartment(Sturt) - Quest on Sturt - Quest Wakefield Serviced Apartments Adelaide

The Rendezvous Allegra is a really nice hotel close to the market and if you have been campervanning it for a week a night in a hotel room will be just the thing. It is a small hotel, but when my brother stayed there he was really pleased with it and certainly his room ( it was a small suite) was very comfortable.

Guest the4hopes

The Ridges hotel on the corner of South and West terrace, close walk to the city. You will have time to go up to the river in one day, along with the market, also Rundle Mall for a quick walk. The tram is free from North to South terrace, you just get on.

Guest JayBone

Thanks for the tips, i will check them out.

We ahve been looking around the Rundle Mall area as all we tend to do is eat and drink all day. and its close enough to the market too......its not cheap though!

Hotels in Sydney and Melbourne seem cheaper than Adelaide?

I like the look of the Miller Apartments and the Majestic roof garden but a bit more than i wanted to pay really, but we have paid less in Sydney and Melbourne than i thought so might splash out seen as Adelaide will be our new home!

Guest JayBone

Checked out that Wotif.com site, thanks Rachie.

We've booked the new Crowne Plaza on Hindmarsh square, special opening deal of $150 and its right were we wanted to be up near Rundle street....cool!

Thanks for your help.

Guest willfam

The brand new Intercontinental is in a fantastic spot. Rundle Mall for shopping is just around the corner. Rundle St for restaurants and cafes is just at the back of you. You can catch the free tram from the other end of the mall to the market (which is open Tues, Thurs, Fri until 9pm and Sat).