Restaurant recommendations

Guest needtogonow

Guest needtogonow

Hi,

We have just moved over from the UK into Sheidow park and are looking for some recommendations for any decent restaurants in the area.

Thanks.

Bex

Guest Guest75

The Victory Hotel above Sellick's Beach - great to look out over the bay on a clear day.

For everyday munchies - The Old Noarlunga Hotel( Tues /Weds have specials on Schnitzels)

Hearing great things about the cafe on the corner at Moana ( Blue Water cafe?) - from a Chef as well!

BTW - ya might have to change your name now--- Iamherenow???:biglaugh:

Guest Stacey

Hi

It's a bit out of the way from you (Goodwood Road) but if you fancy an Indian you can't go wrong with the Balti House. Proper English Indian lol!!

Stacey

x

Depends on the occasion, your taste in food and your budget. There's a few restaurants in Port Noarlunga which are nice such as Patricia's and Agatha's and even the food at White Dove Thai is good (although can't say the same about the cleanliness of the place). McLaren Vale has some goods ones, The Barn and Vaserelli's. Glenelg has plenty of restaurants to choose from. For a decent Chinese, you will have to go to the City as all the ones we've had locally didn't really do it for us - we had peking duck the other day mmmmmm.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TraceyT

Hi Bex,

Hope you have settled in. Did you manage to get work before you landed? Let me know how you are getting on when you get a chance.

We have 9 weeks on Sunday to wait & it's killing us. Still on for that cuppa/vino when we get there?

Tracey xx

Guest motlyman

We like Boun Giorno (sp?) in the parade of shops at O'halloran hill near you. Also the Double Dragon chinese at the hub in Aberfoyle park. There is a tavern in the hub also and one in Woodcroft too, both are good. A little further out is the Charminar indian on the Brighton rd Brighton. Going further south is Mick O.Sheas on the south rd just past Hackham which is more of your old pub type of place.

You also have the Fasta Pasta.s in Reynella and Christies Beach. Cheap and cheerful.

These are our haunting places.

Colin

Guest needtogonow
Hi Bex,

Hope you have settled in. Did you manage to get work before you landed? Let me know how you are getting on when you get a chance.

We have 9 weeks on Sunday to wait & it's killing us. Still on for that cuppa/vino when we get there?

Tracey xx

Hi Tracey,

Will send you a pm tonight with all the news. So far we are loving it, fantastic beaches and scenary, the people are are so lovely and friendly its very refreshing. Have had a job offer and hopefully waiting to get another this week. Kids have started schools this week and seem to be very happy. We seem to have been lucky with many things such as schools and our rentals (thanks to PIA). You really will love it out here and we wish we had done it before.

Can`t wait to finally meet up with you for that coffee/vino. Good luck with the last few months, they will soon fly by.

BTW, Brighton is just lovely!

Bex.xxxx:D

Guest needtogonow
Hi Bex and Mike

I can highly recommend Coopers Ale House in the City for a giant beef or Chicken schnitzels yum yum :P

Or Fresh Choice at Marion is eat as much as you like :) Thats ok for the price and variety.

Ps Its wasnt me in the truck waving lol

Hi Mick and Shan,

LOL, got your text and thought it was so funny. We tried to reply back but we were out of credit. I bet it was funny for you seeing the "WYF" on the beach. Shes having a good explore around Adelaide at the moment.

Thanks for the tips on where to eat, will give these places ago. Good luck with the move.

Mike and Bex.

Guest willfam
Hi,

We have just moved over from the UK into Sheidow park and are looking for some recommendations for any decent restaurants in the area.

Thanks.

Bex

The Entertainment Book is a good source of discounted restaurants, movies, accom, entrance fees etc etc etc. They are around $65 and last for 1 year. Lots of schols and charities sell them. Discounts for restaurants are usually either one main course free or 25% off total bill up to a certain amount. Worth looking into.

where did you get Peking Duck michelle? I keep looking in chinatown, but there is so many to choose from!

It was Ke Chow on Gouger Street. Unfortunately we weren't impressed with the mains because they put sugar and golden syrup in the sauces to make it taste nice!!! I mean, talk about a diabetes explosion! There are plenty of good chinese restaurants on Gouger Street, all around China Town, most do Peking Duck with Pancakes.

We went to the Saltbush Bistro in Aldinga last night - we were very impressed! Lovely food at a good price. My hubby went to the Star of Greece (in Port Willunga) with work a few weeks and he said it was nice the portions were small and it was very expensive. He's not a cordon bleu sort of guy my hubby - more like steak and kidney pie and chips!;)

Guest tinkham_lee
We like Boun Giorno (sp?) in the parade of shops at O'halloran hill near you. Also the Double Dragon chinese at the hub in Aberfoyle park. There is a tavern in the hub also and one in Woodcroft too, both are good. A little further out is the Charminar indian on the Brighton rd Brighton. Going further south is Mick O.Sheas on the south rd just past Hackham which is more of your old pub type of place.

You also have the Fasta Pasta.s in Reynella and Christies Beach. Cheap and cheerful.

These are our haunting places.

Colin

I recommend yum sing at Reynella and The old Noarlunga Hotel. both have fantastic food which is good value for money. Fasta pasta is good and cheap and you have got to try The Pancake kitchen in the city.

I DO NOT recommend Mick O'Sheas.

My partner got food poisoning the last time we went, she had chicken schnitzel with mushroom sauce, and within a couple of hours she was feeling really ill, the manager didn't want to know when I complained the next day.

And a friend of ours stayed there this weekend and the room was crawling with mice. They were not happy considering they have a 7 month old baby.