health and fitness

Guest rick b

hi guys

just wondering if anyone knows if there is any gyms near seaview downs????

not majorly into keep fit but have told myself i am going to get fit again,wether it actually happens is another thing entirely??????.

Guest muppetbro

hi mate - the ones who work hard and play hard dont post much on the forums here - too nice outside mate ;) hence no replies

i am member at marion leisure - 10 mins drive away from the rental - cost is $48 monthly which is cheap but.....the facilities are old and its often crowded but it has freeweights, machines and cv work out stations plus spinning sessions and aerobics etc

however very soon there will be a fitness first centre similar distance opening up which ill probably join up as i think it will have a swim pool under same roof......

you are a round a corner from a indoor swim pool

great bike rides in the hills and along the coast to the river and follow the river past the city which is beautiful

oh i nearly forgot plenty of good surf mainly 20 mins driveaway but when its right wind / swell seacliff has a sweet wave and that is 1 miles from your doorstep - great workout paddling a surfy - it takes a while to feel settled when the dolphins roll close by but you get use to it :biglaugh:

hope that helps - keep in touch

martin

Angela

My OH goes there too and uses the free weights (probably does a bit of grunting too) When does your hubbie go? If he needs a training partner - let me know and I'll hook him up with Russ.

Also, back to the original post - I belong to the In Shape Gym at Nouralonga Leisure centre. Its about $14 per week and includes weights/cardio/classes/swimming/small spa. For the ladies, there is also a morning creche for the little ones for just $1.00 and is fab!

Hubby recently joined Southbound Gym, off Lonsdale Rd. I think its pricey but they have promotional offers so it depends what suits you. He uses the free weights mainly.

Angela

Hi Donna

He's been going around 6.30 pm + but not every night, depends how he feels. Ashley has always gone to a gym since being 17...alright for some......but my time will come, the kids have been enrolled into school so I can start to get some 'normality' back myself.

Take care

Angela

Guest dglamoore

I am joining the one at Seaford - looks ok for what I need and only works out $9 a week for use of cardio, weights and classes so much cheaper than uk too :jiggy:

The Fitness First in Marion will be open before long - just wish their was one closer to us as used to love that gym in UK.

Lisa:wubclub: