Fantastic Indian!!!!

Hi Guys,

just thought I would share my joy!

We have been here just over 2 years now and like most of you, have really struggled to get a decent curry.

We have been all over Adelaide (including the Balti House) and been very disappointed by all.....But.......we tried the new Charminar Express, Sherriffs Road/across from Kennards & McDonalds.....and it was BRILLIANT, easily the best curry I've had here and on par with the ones from Scotland.

Give it a go, what have you got to lose!

Guest sjs

I have heard excellent reports of Charminar in Brighton, but havent managed it there yet. I am presently awaitinga delivery from the Port Noarlunga Indian - which we visited on opening night and I wasnt impressed as I got Chicken Tikka and there was NO SAUCE WHATSOEVER! But I have been back, got Chicken Tikka Masala - there was sauce - and it was beautiful - what I am waiting on now!

Always great to get feedback on new places - need to try Charminar - definately!

Guest Damien

Not wanting to sound like a knob but chicken tikka is chicken from the tandorri with no sauce, massala means with sauce lol. I haven't tried the one in PN yet but as I live there I will do very soon.

Guest motlyman

Gotta love the Charminar in Brighton. Been there several times and love it.

Spoke to the guy in there about the "British Curry" and he said he had had a lot of comments from Brits about how his curries taste so much like "British Curries":goofy:

Will try the express next time.:)

Colin

loved the curry we got from Charminar express, just one word of warning...we order early in the day for 7pm pick up OH arrived 10mins early and it was already waiting on the counter :0( easy enough to heat up the curry and rice but it ruined the pakoras.....such a shame as the flavour was great, will defo be going back....would also recommend going in for a menu as the one on the website is not the complete list...

enjoy

Jo :0)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys your not going to like this.

We have had a takeaway from the Charminar Express tonight and it was awful. Arrived 5 mins early and it was already sitting waiting and it was cold!. Never mind I can always heat it up at home so all was not lost, or so I thought!. We had 3 main dishes and all were chicken but it was all brown meat and no breast meat, and it was swimming in oil ,yuck. Hubby had ordered a Chicken tikka masala , well not sure what he got but it wasn't a CTM. Only had one choice of rice , naan bread and popadoms were dissapointing too.

Won't be going back there. We shall be sticking with our favourite, The Balti House, service might be slow there but at least the food is great.

Guest Damien

I have just finished a lamb vindaloo from Taste of India here in PN. It was the best I have had in a long, long while. I don't usually go for the lamb as it can be chewy, this lamb just fell apart and the sauce was SO hot! My bum is gonna hurt tomorrow......

Guest The Dimmocks
I have just finished a lamb vindaloo from Taste of India here in PN. It was the best I have had in a long, long while. I don't usually go for the lamb as it can be chewy, this lamb just fell apart and the sauce was SO hot! My bum is gonna hurt tomorrow......

LOL, always a good curry when you feel the side effects next day :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Will have to try there next curry night we have.

Michelle

Guest KarenR

Sorry, but I agree with Susan. We went there a few weeks ago and had bad food. O/H asked for his without carrots and he got given them (didn't realize until we got home) and i had chicken byriani which had whole cardamom seeds and coriander seeds still fully and ranky brown meat - urghh. It was tasteless just hot, not hot and spicy like it should be. I gave up after 5 mouthfuls which was a shame as Brighton Charminar is excellent.

We went to The Village on Gougher St last weekend - defo recommend there. They do a banquet option for $30 per person with unlimited amounts of main course (butter chicken, Lamb rogan josh and vegetable curry) which was incrediable. Service was excellent as well and even better Sun - Thur is (with voucher) buy a main course get a second free.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest katsmajic
Dehli Spice in Warrdale is pretty good ( oaklands rd-opp outdoor swimming pool) pretty well priced and tasty currys

We've recommended these guys before, the curry is really good there.

PN Harvest of India goes from strength to strength - another very good takeaway from there last week.

I am pretty gutted that noone does a proper biryani - with the vege curry sauce - its always just the rice dish.

We're off to abuse my Charminar vouchers this week....hope its worth it!

Guest motlyman

Well after all the recommendations for the Balti House we decided to try it out for my birthday and, i have to say it was the best one yet here in oz.

We had a chicken pathia, mushroom pilau rice, peshwari naan, mushroom bahji and some dahl dish daughter wanted.

Washed down with a few kingfishers:notworthy:

looking forward to the next one.

Colin

Guest angiestaff
Well after all the recommendations for the Balti House we decided to try it out for my birthday and, i have to say it was the best one yet here in oz.

We had a chicken pathia, mushroom pilau rice, peshwari naan, mushroom bahji and some dahl dish daughter wanted.

Washed down with a few kingfishers:notworthy:

looking forward to the next one.

Colin

gotta admit that each time we have been to the balti house the food and service have been really good, interested in trying the buffet style one on gougher st (the village) may have to suggest that to the 'old man'!

ange x