• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Tiger or Jetstar?

Hi Tina

I think what it boils down to is that provided you don't have to be there for a specific time (concert/special event etc.) then Tiger are usually always the cheapest. I have been delayed both times I have used them but I have friends who come from Sydney and they have never been delayed - definitely luck of the draw on that one. I have to say being delayed wouldn't put me off flying with them again because they are so much cheaper and the service was excellent.

Also it is cheaper to book direct through the airline rather than say Webjet who charge a booking fee on top of the actual fare.

Hope this helps and you get sorted soon
      Trayce :-)

Hallett Cove
      240 times
      Outwith the discussion on prices of flights, only thing i would highly reccomend is to take out travel insurance. We took out with QBE last year when we went to surfers, and Tiger cancelled our return flights, couldn't get us on a flight home for 4 days. We ended up paying to fly Virgin back, which was almost $1200.00, plus overnight accomodation in Gold Coast, and also hire car for driving from Gold Coast to Brisbane. Insurance company refunded all less our excess. Not bad for $150.00 for the insurance.

254 times
      I was meant to come back from Tassie on a tiger plane - was told it was a 45 min check in - it wasnt, it was 30mins and although i was there at 38mins before hand they wouldnt let me check in.
      My fault - well a series of events that led to my being late.
      Get there extra early.

My big kids have used Tiger a cple of times each now to Melly n back etc and not had any issues.

I have flown twice this year with Tiger to the Gold Coast and to Brisbane, no problem at all and great service - just turned up two hours before the flight to avoid any problems. Flew with Jetstar to Darwin in May - awful flight times and were delayed on the way back and didn't leave Darwin airport till 3.30am in the morning (though flight was meant to leave at 2am something). I did hear on the news that Tiger are now charging $10 per person at the airport if you did not check in online.

DId i hear the news right today that ryan air are charging very low pounds ( cant find the sign) to fly vertically??? I guess that means standing room only???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123