Gold Coast - where to stay??

Guest Lulujim

Guest Lulujim

Hi - We've booked flights for a Gold Coast holiday in August and am a bit stuck as to where to stay. We have a 2 & 4 yr old - and had originally thought self-catering accommodation wd be cheapest... but perhaps a hotel including brekkie might be good?:goofy:

Is Surfers the best option - or Burleigh Heads??

Is there public transport to all the theme parks form both places?? we don't really want to add in the cost of a hire car for a week too.

Any advice is v much appreciated! Thank you!

Guest Nick11

We stayed at Ashmore palms..which is pretty much central to all attractions. Its self catering..with bog standard units up to luxury ones.

Guest Tina P

Hi,

We've just booked for the 1st week in Dec, found that I got a better price when I rang the hotel/appartment, than the price from the Internet.

We booked the Beach Haven Resort at Broadbeach, its an appartment.

It is hard knowing where to start - just check reviews on Tripadviser.

Tina

Hi,

We've just booked for the 1st week in Dec, found that I got a better price when I rang the hotel/appartment, than the price from the Internet.

We booked the Beach Haven Resort at Broadbeach, its an appartment.

It is hard knowing where to start - just check reviews on Tripadviser.

Tina

Hi Tina,

We've stayed at the Beach Haven twice, it's in a really good position - opposite the beach and a park and walking distance to Broadbeach mall. There are loads of lovely restaurants close by too. Kurrawa Surf Club is a good place to eat, but be warned the portions are huge. The outdoor pool at the back of the building seems to always be freezing, the front one is better and the indoor pool is great. All the apartments are different, but both the ones we had were very nicely furnished. We would happily go there again - I hope you enjoy it as much as we have.

Guest Tina P

Hi Anne,

Good to hear from someone who has stayed there, were all really looking forward to going, its my parents first visit to Australia so we thought we would go to the Gold Coast and all be in the holiday mood.

Defo try the surf club - thanks

Tina

Guest guest3462

Hi there we've just got back from a week at the paradise resort in surfers paradise. Fantastic place for young families!!! We had four hours a day free child care every day included in the price which was very well organised and set out The kids club house was great and our 3 and 4 year old girls had a ball. You can get brekkie and evening meal options and all meals for kids are never more than $8!!! we used our child care in the evening session Which was 4.30-8.30 and they gave the girls dinner they loved the discos and activities and we loved the chance of a "night out" and a peaceful meal!!! Here are public bus stops directly outside the hotel with theme park access on the the hotel also does transfers which is what we used. Only half hour to the farest theme park so very central. We hired a car for 1 day to drive to Byron bay which was stunning.

We had a great week there and for the littlies I would definatley recommend dreamworld for wiggle world and nickelodeon land and whitewater world for wiggle bay. Sea world was awesome too!!!

Have a great holiday xxxx

Guest Lulujim

Thanks everyone - especially for the travel info and Julia - the resort sounds perfect. Was reading it out loud and got to the bit about free child care and my hubby was like ''BOOK IT!'' lol.

So think we'll book there - looks great, esp with the food, shuttle buses (are they free too???) and the cheapest accommodation I've found by about $300. :)

Haven't been on PIA for ages, totally forgot what a world of wisdom it is!!

Thanks everyone! x

Guest guest3462

hi the shuttle buses aren't free but you can getmulti passes, I think the service buses would be cheaper but can't vouch for how long they'd take you to get to the park!!! You'll have a lovely time there, we even hired a twin pram from them for $60 for the week to save carting ours there. Good choice! Xxx

Guest Peachie

Hi we stayed just over the bridge in southport in a massive 2 bed appartment opposite playground and kiddy safe swimming area overlooking the bay and sea world Looked great lit up at night) there were regular buses but we had a car to explore the area loved rainbow bay on the NSW border great surf club too (food was ace) the theme parks not far away buses go from surfers ot southport mall (nextdoor to our appartment)

do like the idea of childcare tho but our place was great at 120 a night and my kids only want cereal for breakie so don't bother with B&B

Deb x

• 2 weeks later...

Last year I stayed at Best Western Broadbeach Travel Inn Apartments - Broadbeach Apartments Gold Coast which is just across the road from one of the largest shopping malls on the coast, which has a bus terminus where buses for all the theme parks stop. It was no more than a 1/2hour to any of them.

Best part about the travel inn is it's next door to an indian take-away restaurant which has a pub on the other side.:jiggy:

Guest NDHJS

There is a promotion on at the moment go onto myfun.com.au $99 for entry to seaworld ,movie world and wet and wild water park, car hire from the airport is about $340. Try wotif.com for accommodation we have got 7 nights for $700 including breakfast for a family of 3.