Wanted: a Ladies Mountain Bike??

Guest EHumphreys

Guest EHumphreys

Hi

I'm looking for a secondhand Ladies Mountain Bike, if anyone has one they'd like to sell that would be great. Our youngest has just learned to ride her bike without training wheels so we want to be able to go bike riding together.

Thank you, Einir

As a very reluctant cyclist myself, I'd recommend getting as good a bike as you can afford for your OH - if you choose solely on price and get a cheap, heavy one, the cycling is going to be a lot harder work than it needs to be and possibly that's something that will make the passtime quickly lose its shine! I know this!!

Another thing that we used when our two were little was a trailer bike - it attaches to the back of your own bike, has one wheel and its own pedals, and means you can go along on quiet roads without the panic you have when they're on their own bikes, until they get the idea of which side of the road to stay on etc!!

Enjoy!

Sorry, one of the things we sold before coming out here - we used to have two, one for each of them and they were brilliant. Got loads of use out of them. Perhaps Foxychick would know if they are on sale out here - I know when we first arrived there was a (pommy) lady who came about the same time whose plan was to ship a container of the things over and sell them here, and I have seen one or two around... Actually, the only way I managed to get up hills was coz I had my five year old son on the back pedalling!!